Owl Hollow range still open?

Guest jcook119

Guest jcook119

Good evening,

Is the Owl Hollow gun range still around? I am working in Cool Springs these days, and it would be nice to do some lunchtime shooting on occasion. If it's still there and open to the public, what's the current membership fee?

Thanks,

James

Guest jcook119

Thanks gents. How do I go about paying for a membership? I know you are supposed to visit the owners house, but where exactly is it?

Charlie has done an INCREDIBLE job flipping that place over. There's nutz and jerks everywhere in life, but he has really run some of the enema bags from yesteryear, down the road. No more know it all jerk wads telling what and how to do something. If your muzzle discipline is good and you're not rapid firing or being rude, Charlie is good to go. He is VERY easy going but he does have a line and you will not cross it.

For the record Owl Hollow is dead. Haffner Memorial Range is an EXCELLENT place to shoot and could very well be the best gun range bargain in the state despite his membership fee going up last year. $60/year now. Most of people waste more than that on vending machines and hobos every year.

• Like 3
Charlie has done an INCREDIBLE job flipping that place over. There's nutz and jerks everywhere in life, but he has really run some of the enema bags from yesteryear, down the road. No more know it all jerk wads telling what and how to do something. If your muzzle discipline is good and you're not rapid firing or being rude, Charlie is good to go. He is VERY easy going but he does have a line and you will not cross it.

For the record Owl Hollow is dead. Haffner Memorial Range is an EXCELLENT place to shoot and could very well be the best gun range bargain in the state despite his membership fee going up last year. $60/year now. Most of people waste more than that on vending machines and hobos every year.

+1

Charlie definitely seems like the kind of guy you'd have to try to make mad at you. Last January I was there a few times as my brothers guest, well the last trip I forgot to pay my $5. We even chatted with Charlie a bit before heading to the pit for some fun.

About half way through the day it dawned on me that I hadn't payed so I tracked him down and shelled out my money along with an explanation that I had forgot, he just smiled and asked how we were fixed for targets.

What are the rapid fire rules there? I asked and he just told us to be safe and keep our bullets in the berm IIRC

You answered your own question. Charlie's concern is lead going over the berms. That's why clays have to be set low on the berms and why he asks people shooting full-auto to use short bursts to keep muzzle climb down. As long as you can keep your sights on the target, fire as fast as you want.

Charlie definitely seems like the kind of guy you'd have to try to make mad at you. Last January I was there a few times as my brothers guest, well the last trip I forgot to pay my $5. We even chatted with Charlie a bit before heading to the pit for some fun.

About half way through the day it dawned on me that I hadn't payed so I tracked him down and shelled out my money along with an explanation that I had forgot, he just smiled and asked how we were fixed for targets.

What are the rapid fire rules there? I asked and he just told us to be safe and keep our bullets in the berm IIRC

Actually saw him get mad a few weeks ago (with good reason). He called CLEAR, everyone went to change targets on the rifle range and they kept shooting in the pit, after he called CLEAR again. He walked over there very fast and it got quiet. :)