Car window broken out last night

Hitower

This morning I wake up to find my wifes rear side window on her van broken out. I was up late last night, probably till 3 am or so and the van was parked in the driveway right next to where I was sitting. My wife woke up at 6 am and found the broken window. We never heard a thing last night. My dogs were outside last night and never made a sound and they bark at everything.

I have a decently long driveway and the van was parked right next to the house with the broken window facing the house. Doors weren't even locked on it and nothing missing. I thought BB gun from the woods behind the house maybe but after looking theres no way because of where it was parked. Another odd detail, lots of broken glass inside the van, none on the ground on the side it was broken but a ton of glass on the ground on the opposite side of the broken window.

I'm more aggrivated by not being able to figure out what happened than anything. I'm baffled by this one.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of a stray round? I know you said bb but I don't think a bb would knock glass that far to the opposite side?

That crossed my mind, but there was only one window broken out, I would think a stray round would have went in one window and out the other, or atleast lodged into something inside the van which i did not find. How the glass got on the opposite side of the van is what is the most baffling to me. Not one piece on the side that was broken and a million on the other.

Its the original window, I read somewhere that they can shatter in extreme temp changes but I wouldn't think our weather lately would do that.

Maybe it was a bird. I just think,I would've heard something when it broke.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Guest Sgt. Joe

Do you ever park the van so that the window that is now broken would be where you found the glass on the ground? You know like backed into the drive or just in a different spot in the drive?

If so then maybe the window was broken at an earlier time than when it was noticed.

Also are you certain that the glass that you found on the ground is window glass? If it could be from something else that part of the picture may could just be a coincidence.

Those are my only thoughts that could explain it. If they dont fit your situation, then you have yourself one very strange little mystery going on, for which I would have no futher clues.

Any chance of someone just messing with you?

I have some of the world's most crazy people as friends but even for them it seems to me that it would be a stretch for them to break a window just to play with someone's head but there has to be some kind of an explanation for your situation. :confused::unsure::confused:

This just gets more and more confusing. Might want to make sure there isn't anything in there you don't know about. If you think about it though a really stupid and large bird could have hit it and then when trying to fly off, pushed the glass. It's just weird though.

Guest Lester Weevils

Strange. Sometimes things seem most reasonable to blame on hallucination or maybe bad anchovy pizza the night before.

A couple of weeks ago, got out of bed and before I let the dogs out in the tiny back fenced yard, looked out the window at the bigger wooded fenced area behind the back yard and saw a black dog wandering about, about the size of a Lab. So got up and only let the dawgs out in the small back fenced yard til I could figure out what to do about the strange dog out in the woods.

In the small fenced back yard there was a fluffy little white dog maybe 20 pounds! The coonhounds being the idiots that they are, started snuffling the little white dog, which the white dog didn't appreciate so he barked and growled and evaded the unwanted attention. After some chasing about they eventually chased the little fluffy dog around the corner of the house. So I walked over there, and the fluffy little white dog was gone! Just vanished in thin air.

I went checking the entire perimeter of the fence looking for holes, but didn't find any. Occasionally the hounds will dig a big enough hole to be an escape hazard, so then I fill the hole with a couple sacks of quickrete and wet it with the garden hose. But that day didn't find any new holes. Wouldn't have expected a little fluffy white dog to be a good enough climber to have run around the corner of the house then leaped over the fence. If it was that easy then my coonhounds would have jumped over right behind the little dog.

After a cup of coffee I went out to check on the black dog in the back fenced woods. He was a dirty and very old gray-bearded boxer-looking creature, who was afraid to get anywhere near me. I opened the side gate and moved way away from the gate and the old fella finally got brave enough to run out the fence and trot up the street presumably to home.

So it was a complete mind-copulation. Did pranksters put two different dogs in two different fenced areas in the wee hours of the morning? And where the heck did the little white fluffy dog go? Was the prankster hiding behind the corner of the house where I couldn't see him and scooped up the little fluffy dog when he ran out of my sight? It all just sounds vanishingly improbable. Ain't lyin, I swear!

Edited by Lester Weevils

I've had cars behind me disappear before while driving. Check mirror, car there. Check again, car gone. No place they could have turned off, and don't see them pulled off to the side in my mirror. I'm not sure where they could have gone unless they made their own path off of the road.

Very strange indeed! Based on your description, I surmise the window was pushed or imploded very hard. I don't know where in TN. you're located but, do you have any black bears around? A pressure / temperature change will also cause a damaged / defective glass to explode for no apparent reason. Had that happen to a chipped windshield a number of years ago.

Very strange indeed! Based on your description, I surmise the window was pushed or imploded very hard. I don't know where in TN. you're located but, do you have any black bears around? A pressure / temperature change will also cause a damaged / defective glass to explode for no apparent reason. Had that happen to a chipped windshield a number of years ago.

Hadnt even thought about this. I live pretty near the Smoky Mountains and while the bears don't usually come down this far I have seen them here once a couple years ago, and there was a couple garbage bags in the back to be taken to the dump. Sounds like the most probable explanation I can think of.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I would say large clumsy bird or black bear. I've smashed quite a few car windows and the don't make much noise compared to windows on your house. Although, if it was a bear you might want to invest in a new guard dog.... they shoulda smelled that bear a mile away.