Masters

I used to be quite the golf dork. Worked in the biz for 20 years or so off and on. Used to play all the time. Thats why I worked in it. No green fees that way. Have not swung at a ball on a golf course for a score in ten years now I guess.

Anyway I absolutely love this tournament. I'd pick up the sticks again for a chance to play at Augusta National, I know it will never happen. It was a once in a lifetime thrill to walk the course years back.

It is like the Daytona 500 of golf for me. I have to watch it. Might not watch another second of the PGA tour all season but this is a must see.

Loving the fact my all time fav pro is in the clubhouse with the lead. Not sure if Boom Boom's -5 will hold up today but for now I can keep on hoping he will put on a green jacket Sunday afternoon again. If not at least he is in the hunt.

And Tiger is playing like a Sunday golfer. Can't hit the ball straight. Can't find fairway or green, is cussing and stomping. He might miss the cut if he doesn't settle down. Kind of getting a twisted thrill out of that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dear God if there's any magic left in this poor world let Freddie win at 52. What a story. Would almost make up for Rocco's heartbreaking US Open loss couple years ago.

Freddie was so close a couple of years ago too.

If he does, I'll buy a pair of those wacko shoes if I play again, and wear them without socks, just like he does!

The+Masters+Round+One+1jBU7aMybBAl.jpg

ecco_street_premier_fred_couples_golf_shoe.jpg

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

dust our balls and work on our stroke. Make sure my wood is still good. and put it in the hole

i do better shooting guns these days than Titleists. I like not having to chase down my shots.

Edited by Mike.357

back in the day, Fred always looked like he was baked when he played.

Smoking some ganj always helped my game. I am fairly sure it may have helped Boom Boom.

Those tour players are in another world. If you have not been around golf pros you really can't judge what makes a scratch amateur differ from a PGA tour player. I knew club pros who could go out and shoot under par every day of the week. Some would go to Q school and explode. The others had enough sense to be happy being a club pro.

I worked with a guy named David Klodfelter. The dude would throw a 65 up everytime I played with him. Best player I ever saw. Went out on a mini tour in Florida and was lucky to make a cut.

Tiger absolutely hacked and chopped all day today. What did he shoot? 75 maybe? If I played as bad as he did today I'd have shot 106. These guys are in another world.

I love Freddie, he looks like he just sailed in from a beach island somewhere and decided to play a round of golf.

Perhaps the most naturally gifted golf swing in history. If he hadn't had to deal with lifelong squirrely back, he might have blown Jack's records away before Tiger even got started.

He's had to face his demons in real life too; he's actually much deeper and more heartfelt than the famous lackadaisical appearance.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Revelator

Those tour players are in another world.

I don't play golf but I know what you mean. That's true of any pro athlete but especially so in golf I think. I mean, to be able to say I play golf for a living. You've got to be special. And the pressure these guys are under week after week. Having tens of thousands of dollars riding on a single putt. I guess that's why so many are called but so few chosen.

I envy you guys. Last time I golfed I broke my leg. (Fell off the ball washer.)

Still enjoy watching it, but my wife prefers watching, oh... just about anything else including tectonic plates shifting, grass growing and pavement cracking (she says it's just as exciting and more productive).

If Freddie can pull it off, it'd be great, but he's still got 2 more days to choke.

Freddie has always been one of my favorite golfers, and I would love to see him win it . However, I am cheering for Tiger for the sole reason of sticking it to everyone who said he was finished and would never win again. He proved them wrong a little over a week ago, and I hope he will do it again.

If Freddie can pull it off, it'd be great, but he's still got 2 more days to choke.

Couples probably won't win but it won't be on account of choking. With all he has accomplished in professional golf the Masters is just another tourney, sort of. He has a Green Jacket, he don't need to ever prove another thing on a golf course.

if he is playing in the last foursome Sunday it will take an act of god to get me off the couch that afternoon.

There is something special about The Masters tournament. The speed of those greens always amazes me. I really enjoy the game, but I have not had a lot of time to play lately. My clubs are gathering dust in the garage.

A local radio station recently ran spots for a one day trip to Augusta to walk the fairways. I regret not going. My buddy flaked out on me. I should have gone alone. Could have rubbed elbows with Penny Hardaway and a few other locals. I'm certain that they had a good time on the charter.

Couples probably won't win but it won't be on account of choking. With all he has accomplished in professional golf the Masters is just another tourney, sort of. He has a Green Jacket, he don't need to ever prove another thing on a golf course.

if he is playing in the last foursome Sunday it will take an act of god to get me off the couch that afternoon.

Calm down, Mike. Maybe "choking" wasn't the right word. I'm as big a fan of Fred Couples as anybody and I'd love to see him win it, but I also would have loved to see him win all the other tournaments where he had a really good shot but somehow managed to find a way not to do it. :(

after an afternoon of about a million rounds of .22's I wondered how he did. ...

Dayum, even at bulk box prices, that's some serious coin! ;)

Freddie is still the man.

Yeah. He's still two under but that's 7 shots off the lead and lots of guys running hot ahead of him now.

That Knoxville kid, Scott Stallings, easily made the cut in his first outing there, btw.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

What a finish!

Hard to believe a guy named Bubba just won the biggest tournament of every year. Good deal for him.

Dude tanks his tee shot right into jail on the second playoff hole then cork screws a shot to 10 feet of the pin.. Pretty emotional scene on the green after he hit the hardest tap in he will ever have to wina tournament.

Freddie, while not having the final two rounds I hoped for still had a pretty respectable showing. Maybe next time!