seen the hunger games???*Spoiler alert*

Went to see the film today. It's a good flick if you just let go and not try to nit pick with "what I'd do". You gotta remember they are kids.

I guess I'll read the books now.

I'm surprised it's so popular and none of the interest groups are crying because of the "Kids killing kids" and all.

At first when you've seen it you WANT to think, "Oh that can't happen, no one would watch that!" but I beg to differ, people are sick and people will [as a flock] do whatever anyone is doing so YES, I can see it as plausible.

I do find it sad that after some world wide war [i'm guessing] that ALL of the men in the world no longer have any spherical attachments betwixt their legs. NO friggin' way would I live under a tyrannical government that would subdivide the world, place me a sector where I may very well starve to death all the while they wine and dine and dance. THEN once a year come around and take "tribute" one boy/one girl to fight to the death, all under the ruse of maintaing peace and placating the desire for any uprising. I'll be long dead in a world like that, or I would have a bounty on my head so large Han Solo would be jealous.

What'd ya'll think?

• Like 1

I was very very surprised by the movie. I actually really enjoyed it, and was very surprised it was so popular. I would like to watch it again. Someone was saying it has influenced alot of people to try archery.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I was very very surprised by the movie. I actually really enjoyed it, and was very surprised it was so popular. I would like to watch it again. Someone was saying it has influenced alot of people to try archery.

I hadn't heard that but that's great. Get some kids off their fat lazy butt and get outside!!! I was thinking to myself something similar as I watched this movie. Ever the paranoid delusional that I am, I was thinking this would be a great clandestine tool to get teens off the computer and outside. If you could put the same fear in them as many of us carry around about zombies, think what they could accomplish. Young guys and girls becoming paranoid about being exploited, attacked or otherwise assaulted would a GODSEND to this country. A mass exodus from the bedroom/living room and into the gym, dojo's, training facilities, and just getting out in the woods and local parks. I know if I had life to do over, I would never have played a video game, watched more than hour of TV in a weeks time, and I probably wouldn't have the sense to be typing to you guys now. I would however put Daryl Dixon to shame. I would have begged anyone I could find to teach me anything they could teach me. I wouldn't have had to learn from trial and error. I wouldn't be 30lbs overweight with a bad back either.

I know that's really grasping at straws, but if it just motivated a small percentage...........oh well, back to reality.

The movie was great, but the books are phenomenal as well. Highly recommend reading them.

It isn't the whole world though. Just North America. There is a pretty cool map that shows the districts and such with Denver as the capital. West TN is in District 11 with middle and east being in 12.

Edited by jumprun13k
Guest cardcutter

My daughter talked me into reading the books. I will probably wait until it comes out on dvd and then rent it.

I enjoyed the story. Unfortunately I don't see it as being that far fetched.

the books are great, I read them and then encouraged my 13 year old daughter to read them. She finished all three in just a couple weeks. I think the books/movie open up a chance for dialogue with the younger generation on how dangerous the government can be when given too much power. She and I have had some pretty incredible conversations since reading them. I was shocked and pleased to see she and I think a lot alike.

I actually read it on my phone. I got hooked reading the first chapter for free. A couple months later my girlfriend reads it then buys all three books hard copy. Many months after that there's rumor of a movie.

I thought the movie was great, I just wish they had chosen someone else to play the role of Peeta. I can't take that kid seriously especially after watching RV. I was actually surprised how much of the book they incorporated into the movie. Usually when they make a movie they screw things up and omit a lot of stuff.

I actually read it on my phone. I got hooked reading the first chapter for free. A couple months later my girlfriend reads it then buys all three books hard copy. Many months after that there's rumor of a movie.

I thought the movie was great, I just wish they had chosen someone else to play the role of Peeta. I can't take that kid seriously especially after watching RV. I was actually surprised how much of the book they incorporated into the movie. Usually when they make a movie they screw things up and omit a lot of stuff.

Yeah, the kid was in a crappy movie 6 years ago. So was Robin Williams :D , but I've seen him play serious roles very effectively. I thought he did a good job playing Peeta.

I saw the movie this past weekend and enjoyed it. I my daughter's copy of the first book prior, and they did a really good job.

BTW, he's also in the remake of Red Dawn.

Edited by BryanP

Oh yeah that's coming out this november. Looking forward to it. THEY BETTER NOT SCREW IT UP!!!

Instead of Soviet invaders we're getting North Koreans this time. Woot! Should be good.

*Disclaimer* Yes I know they screw most remakes but I cannot stop them from airing this remake therefore I am trying to stay positive about it.

As far as Josh Hutcherson, I think he's a good actor. Don't hammer him too hard for making a crappy movie. The young man is from Kentucky and probably dang glad to be in his position. He needed work and got paid for it. You'd have done it too. Look at his other movies, Journey to the center of the earth and Bridge to Terabithia were very good.

Guest 6.8 AR

I've made my mind up to read this and maybe see the movie. From what I've read and what I understand the movie

to be about, I hope kids who watch it do more than just learn archery. The movie has a dark theme, outside from

the love, companionship and survival that goes on. The thought that we are heading toward an existence like this

should scare the Hell out of anyone, young or old, to make them become engaged in stopping the madness our

government is heading us in. Heinlein, Asimov and others were way ahead of this and influenced a lot, and I hope

this movie does more of the same.

Oh yeah that's coming out this november. Looking forward to it. THEY BETTER NOT SCREW IT UP!!!

Instead of Soviet invaders we're getting North Koreans this time. Woot! Should be good.

*Disclaimer* Yes I know they screw most remakes but I cannot stop them from airing this remake therefore I am trying to stay positive about it.

Guess I need to watch the original then. Never did but wanted to.

To further clarify on Josh Hutcherson (Peeta)... What I mean is I can't take him seriously...

I can't take him seriously the same way I can't take Ashton Kutcher seriously when he's in a normal movie NOT being a dumbas$$.

I just look at his face and I start laughing.

tumblr_lpv9wxmZKO1r1w241o1_400.gif

It didn't really hit me until "that" death scene. *holds up 3 fingers*

(sniff)

That's when I got really pissed off that these were just kids being punished for entertainment and control.

Really wanted to see Donald Sutherland kicked in his chest.

I do find it sad that after some world wide war [i'm guessing] that ALL of the men in the world no longer have any spherical attachments betwixt their legs. NO friggin' way would I live under a tyrannical government that would subdivide the world, place me a sector where I may very well starve to death all the while they wine and dine and dance. THEN once a year come around and take "tribute" one boy/one girl to fight to the death, all under the ruse of maintaing peace and placating the desire for any uprising. I'll be long dead in a world like that, or I would have a bounty on my head so large Han Solo would be jealous.

What'd ya'll think?

Read the book. It does a better job of explaining why no one will stand up to the Capitol (because they are quickly crushed). Plus, this is several hundred years after the demise of the US--these people have never tasted freedom. Growing up in such a society would probably make it easier to swallow than if someone in the US today were suddenly transplanted into such a society. Everything is relative. Take the games out and I bet their situation is not that much different than everyday folks in North Korea, but we don't see or hear about North Koreans standing up to the government. Not any that survive, anyway.