Opinions on Kel-tec

Guest adurbin

Guest Baron

Sore topic, but I think we can keep it on track.

I just learned a couple of days ago that the handgun used by Zimmerman was a PF9. Now, not to make light of the situation, but I did wonder if that was the reason only one shot was fired. As I mentioned, I still cary one every day, but I have another that is a problem child.

love mine. I would and do trust my life to both the P11 and P3AT. No issues with either. Never had a jam with either (1000+ rounds).

The P11 is a very underated gun IMHO. As far as I know, no other 12 round 9mm is comaparable in size or wieght. I put a $10 trigger shoe on it and the trigger is much improved.

Fit and finish is not great, but for A LOT LESS than you would expect, a guy right here in Tennessee will electroless nickle them for you. If they were not so darn reliable, I would put my 2 up as safe queens, cause they sure are purty.

6734627277_fcb8040aaa_z.jpg

6734169387_09e9565dbc_z.jpg

Who did this? It looks great!

Guest 6.8 AR

I touched a PMR 30 today and might buy one of those. I like the thought of 30 22 mags available. Anyone own this one?

First one I've ever seen. It looked like a brick, but was one light pistol. Price was like a P-22. It was sold, also. I heard they

are hard to find.

No real problem with keltec for me, had to send a pf-9 back no problems and when it came back it has ran 100%. the only thing i think keltec could do is even if they had to raise the price a little is produce guns that are a little more refined on looks and performance.when my pf-9 came back it was like it was a totally different gun on every aspect(the way the slide racked back,the way the mag fit,trigger pull) you could tell in had definatly been gone through.I would pay an extra 50 for that kind of product. :hat:

I touched a PMR 30 today and might buy one of those. I like the thought of 30 22 mags available. Anyone own this one?

First one I've ever seen. It looked like a brick, but was one light pistol. Price was like a P-22. It was sold, also. I heard they

are hard to find.

Evidently they are still in short supply. I've had one since last June/July, can't remember. I'm an old fart now. But I agree with your assement, at least on looks. Definitely looks like a kids toy, and has some resemblence to the FNFive-7.

It's a ball to play with. I've put between 400-600 rounds downrange, so I think I've got all the breakin bugs out now. Had a few ftf, and a couple of ejection problems early on, but they seem to have dropped off in the last use. I need to take it back out again and see.

The pistol is very light, and has a very nice light trigger pull. Loading the mag to capacity is a real bear. At about 24/25 rounds it really gets tough. I've been stopping at 28 and seems ok.

The tumbling/keyhole round situation wasn't a problem for me. Yes it did it. So what? So does 223/556. The barrel change that should cure this issue, I haven't tried. I haven't felt the need. I called Keltec immediately on buying the pistol, and was told that yes, it was in the production range that was deemed to need a new barrel. I got it 3 days later and it's still in the bag.

The comments about keyholing from Keltec seemed to indicate that the problem was caused mainly by the 40 grain rounds. I have shot everything from the orginally recommended CCI 40, CCI and Remington 30, Winchester Dynapoints, and Hornady V_Max 30 grain. I find they all will occasionally tumble. Again, so what. This is a range toy, possible squirrel gun, and hiking carry piece. I don't care if it keyholes, but that's just me.

Even shot a few of the dreaded Fiochi 22 mags that are supposed to be nixed for the gun. I had no problems with them. But I will admit the Fiochi seems to be a little hotter and dirtier than some of the other brands. And it may be just a smidge more accurate with the Hornady V-Max.

But as for accuracy, like most pistols, it is a accurate as I can use. Meaning I'm pretty crappy. But seriously, It's a sweeet little toy. It's not a fine target 22 for bullseye shooting, but it works for me.

As far as the availability vs pricing issues, I got mine from D&T when they first got them. Not the best price I'd seen, but far from the 600+ some sellers were trying for.

If you get the chance to try one, I think you'd like it. Maybe not enough to buy one, but it'll get you thinking about it.