Esee Knives

I wasn't aware Esee Knives is in Knoxville. I was over at my friends studio and looked in the old gallery and saw a banner with the Esee name and logo on it. I asked my friend why it was up and he said "oh the guy who makes those moved in recently." I really, really wanted to meet the guy but unfortunately he's in Peru teaching a survival/s.e.r.e course right now. :-\

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware Esee Knives is in Knoxville. I was over at my friends studio and looked in the old gallery and saw a banner with the Esee name and logo on it. I asked my friend why it was up and he said "oh the guy who makes those moved in recently." I really, really wanted to meet the guy but unfortunately he's in Peru teaching a survival/s.e.r.e course right now. :-\

Where is "old gallery"?

Factory is in Idaho, Jeff Randal lives in AL, Mike Perrin near here in Blaine. What's really going on there?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Where is "old gallery"?

Factory is in Idaho, Jeff Randal lives in AL, Mike Perrin near here in Blaine. What's really going on there?

- OS

Aespyre Metal/McElvry Woodwork down off Jennings. I'm just going off what I was told though. Might be Mike Perrin in this place. All I know is that Esee Knives has some involvement in my friends shop, and I'm assuming if it would be anyone it would be Mike Perrin in there. Edited by gjohnsoniv

Aespyre Metal/McElvry Woodwork down off Jennings. I'm just going off what I was told though. Might be Mike Perrin in this place. All I know is that Esee Knives has some involvement in my friends shop, and I'm assuming if it would be anyone it would be Mike Perrin in there.

Ah, thanks. I knew Preston a little bit, from (way) back when he was working out of a building somewhere down under the downtown overpasses.

The woodworking tie-in to Perrin sounds likely, seems part of his Blaine presence has been a woodworking enterprise under a couple of different names.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Ah, thanks. I knew Preston a little bit, from (way) back when he was working out of a building somewhere down under the downtown overpasses.

The woodworking tie-in to Perrin sounds likely, seems part of his Blaine presence has been a woodworking enterprise under a couple of different names.

- OS

Ah so you know Preston? Yep, he worked for a while under the triangle building downtown. Preston is the one who taught me what I know about blacksmithing, and I work for him on occasion or use his shop. Edited by gjohnsoniv

Ah so you know Preston? Yep, he worked for a while under the triangle building downtown. ..

I've lived here since '66 -- have never heard of "triangle building" in downtown Knoxville? Google didn't help either?

Btw, "way back when" is actually a bit further back than you've been on the planet, kiddo. ;)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Isn't the Triangle Building at the intersection of W.Jackson, Oak Ave and Broadway?

Could be, that's an old building, used to be lighting sales upstairs, cabinetry downstairs. Just never heard it called that. Might have been where I'm thinking of,before they redid the streets around base of it down to World's Fair area ere long ago. I guess it is sort of triangular, come to think of it.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot