"new" old Gen 2.5 G30

Just traded my S&W M&P40C for a damn near new G30 from 1997. It was an even trade and even though my gun was 1 yr old and this G30 was 15 yrs old , I think I came out better, at least for me . The barrel shows no "smiley faces" on it . There is still the factory copper grease on the inside of the slide !

The only thing I had to do was use some nail polish remover on it to get the nail polish or paint off of it where the owner painted the model number and the glock insignia and all.

The only thing I will do to it is drill a lanyard hole in it tonight. It even came with the original old style box !

How did I do ?

gen2g30.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be nice and say as long as your happy. I believe that is my old Glock that I sold a couple of yrs ago after trying for several months to sale it. I don't remember the serial number but it was july97 test fire date. I personally can't stand a Glock 30 and I later tried a G30SF to only be displeased as well. I never could get used to the heavy thick slide. I'm really tempted to build a 30/36 hybrid but I'm thinking about getting out of shooting 45's all together. I'll keep the one I have now but stash it away and quit relodaing for 45.

I will say the 30's were very accurate and never had a failure.

Edited by Patton

Have had two G30's and loved them both. I sold the first one, a gen 1 I believe, when I got a good price on a gen3. Both accurate, easy to shoot, and can honestly say no problems out of either one.

Just bought my 6th Glock...is something wrong with me?

I think you did good! In fact, I'm gonna make it better. I have a FBI Comptac paddle holster that I will give you. Shoot me your mailing address and I will send it out next time I'm near a post office.

Oh I have a holster for it but thanks so much for your kindness!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grout

30s are great guns,very accurate and reliable with every bullet type EXCEPT!!!! 200 gr swc.I have owned 3 and all chocked on that bullet.Stick with rn,fn,or hp and you will be fine.

Guest 6.8 AR

Have had two G30's and loved them both. I sold the first one, a gen 1 I believe, when I got a good price on a gen3. Both accurate, easy to shoot, and can honestly say no problems out of either one.

Just bought my 6th Glock...is something wrong with me?

Yes. You haven't bought 12! :D

I let my old G30 go and wish I'd kept it.