1911's

Guest Zombie Response Medic

Gophert, you and I seem to have the same taste at different times :pleased: . I bought a G36 as well.

Good minds think alike Mike. Yea I sold the G36, but loved that gun! I just didn't shoot it that much. I will definitely get another G36 some day. I really like the AC amigo. I almost bought one very similar, but opted for the commander model since every gun I had seemed to be small. I love shooting it.

Good minds think alike Mike. Yea I sold the G36, but loved that gun! I just didn't shoot it that much. I will definitely get another G36 some day. I really like the AC amigo. I almost bought one very similar, but opted for the commander model since every gun I had seemed to be small. I love shooting it.

Officer size 1911's can be finicky. I'm happy with the way it runs now, but it was a turd out of the box. I'm tickled with it now, but had to spend some money to get it that way. The thought of sending it in for warranty repair didn't appeal to me at all. No personal experience, but you didn't go wrong with the Commander. They seem to have lots better out-of-box reliability

and ever since Remington started making them again, I have been lusting after one of those, too... I think I am in need of an intervention.

To be fair, this is Remington's first outting in them.

You may be thinking of the Remington Rand guns from the war days.

wait...my mistake, there's around 21,000 Reminton UMC 1911's made during WWI.

Remington-Rand however made office supplies and a decent chunk of 1911's for wartime efforts.

Kinda like the Singer and Corona rifles.

Edited by DevJames

I've got a SA 1911 "loaded" series. I love the thing but, most of them are all quality guns.

I have a SS Springfield Loaded and it's a great pistol!!! Eats everything I feed it, including Hydra-Shok 230 gr HP's. I also run Wilson mags in it too.

The one thing I find interesting in many of the 1911 fan boys I meet, and I meet a lot of them, is their lack of understanding of the need to lubricate their all metal guns. Read this and you will likely need to know anything else about lubing a handgun.

http://www.grantcunn...ricants101.html

Luberplate #0 works well for me. As a matter of fact, it's what is used to lubricate rotating parts on Huey helicopters in my day. Didn't wash out of swash plates, scissors & sleeve assemblies etc., flying through torrential rains and didn't allow corrosion.

How did my comment get in the comment box? Humm...

Edited by Dennis1209
Guest nowheretobefound

As far as common production pistols look at some Ed Brown's and Les Baer's, BUT if you really want a1911 experience go to the American Pistolsmith Guild

http://www.americanpistol.com/

Look up the members that specialize in 1911s and have one made, that Kimber will immediately feel like some rough Saturday night special.

I have a pistol made by Mr. Travis Strahan, when I've let 1911 aficionados shoot it they fall to the ground and start crying from the sheer pleasure!

I just bought a Kimber and love it. Are there any other 1911's that you would recommend? I want something else that shoots as good as the Kimber does. Looking for a 4 or 5 inch barrel model.

I have a Smith & Wesson SW1911 Target that shoots every bit as well and as accurate as my Kimbers or any other 1911 I have owned. They are also American Made.

I shoot way to many calibers & unfortunately .45acp didn't make the cut, so I have been selling/trading off my 1911's, however I still have Colt Combat Commander that apparently I just can't bring myself to sell or trade off, a good buddy of mine has even offered to give me twice what I paid for it, he also promised that he would never sell it to anyone except back to me if I ever wanted it back & I still can't seem to let that pistol go *sigh* it's been a really great gun over the years and is the only handgun that I have ever used to defend myself (and my family) with, so there is a bit of emotional attachment to it too I guess.

100_0406.jpg

And no it's not for sale so please don't ask, if I sell it to anyone it'd be to my buddy Jason.

Edited by RichardR
Guest rebeldrummer

American Classic Commander....No doubt a sweet piece of hardware at a great price. No problems with mine either.

DSC_0158.jpg

i really like this...i dont know if it is just the flash or if the finish actually looks like there is a little "rust" color to it , but it looks sweet.

what is this model? and can i find one locally? also, i like thos grips...where did you get them? or are they factory....

i really like this...i dont know if it is just the flash or if the finish actually looks like there is a little "rust" color to it , but it looks sweet.

what is this model? and can i find one locally? also, i like thos grips...where did you get them? or are they factory....

D&T sells them in Nashville. That's where I bought mine. The finsh is deep blue, almost black.