Ole Smoky Moonshine

Glenn

Has anyone been to the Ole Smoky Moonshine place in Gatlinburg? I had been wanting to go and was passing through today so decided to stop in. I didn't think about not being able to buy liquor on sunday, so the store was closed, but the tasting room was open. Can't sell it, but can give it away. Go figure. They give you a little cup, think little plastic communion cup, and they seem to fill it as many times as you want with their different wares. I was particulary fond of the Original, and the blackberry, but I guess I had to try 10 or 12 mini-shots to come to that conclusion. can't wait to get back and buy some.

Glenn

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually buy the junior johnson moonshine they sell at liquor stores. Not as strong as the real stuff but the apple pie flavor is great.

Will have to check this place out, where at in Gatlinburg?

Edited by reed1285

I usually buy the junior johnson moonshine they sell at liquor stores. Not as strong as the real stuff but the apple pie flavor is great.

Will have to check this place out, where at in Gatlinburg?

It's down town across from bubba gumps...it sits back in a shopping alley...You can normally smell the shine before you see the store...

My wife bought some. I am not sure what the flavor was called or what the proof was, but just drinking it, I was not impressed. I am pretty sure the wine I make has a higher EtOH content, and it tasted like some piss poor hunch punch. Some of the other stuff may be better, but whatever the red fruit stuff was, was not very good.

none of the store bought moonshine is the real thing. it is simple bourbon or TN whiskey that is not aged.

The fruit flavors are about 40 proof iirc.

Dunno why anyone buys the white lightning version. it is overpriced for what is in it.