Aim Surplus SIG question

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

Has Anyone on this board ordered anything llike this from them?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Sig_Sauer_P225_P6_9mm_Pistol.html

I been really thinking of ordering 1 just to have a cheap 9mm to shoot plus its a Sig. Ive never ordered a gun online before but im sure some of you on this forum has so was kinda looking for some input from some of yall. Im sure ill need to find a FFL to do the paperwork for me is there anywhere on the forum that has a list of prices for a service like that?

Thanks

Jason

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

The majority of FFLs that I've seen charge $25 for the transfer (having the gun shipped to them) and then the additional $10 for TICS (background check). All that is in addition to whatever shipping charges the company you buy from wishes to charge. Just go to a local FFL and ask what their transfer fees are. Ordering a gun online is easy. I almost prefer it to the shops since I don't have to deal with pushy salesmen telling me their BS. Anyway, the P6 is a nice gun at a great price for a Sig.

Sig P225(P6) pistols are excellent guns, well worth the money. I agree that it would be a good idea to check around locally, you might find one cheaper than you could order, ship, and transfer altogether. There are occassionally a few posted here on TGO in the for-sale and vendor areas.

Check out some of your local pawn shops that handle firearms. If you go and ask them in person, you might get a good deal on the transfer. I did that several months ago and was only charged $10 for the whole deal. They also faxed a copy of their license to the seller. I got a really good deal.

AIM = good people.

I think they are showing out of stock on those guns right now.

There are several dealers in the area that have those in stock if you want to buy locally, but I also understand you wanting to save some cash.

Guest eyebedam

I would rather buy locally if possible. I don't mind paying a little more but I don't wanna feel like I've been ripped off either. If anyone local has some nice looking ones in hand feel free to pm me with a price. Aim is taking orders for a shipment to be sent out the first of June but there are some others online that have them in stock ready to ship now. I'm def gonna be picking one up and hopefully there's one locally.

Thanks

Gf. Jason

Guest BG38357

I'd try to find one locally. You can inspect it. A local dealer had a few in last week and they were in different wear condition; all nice, different holsters.

Edited by BG38357
Guest gcrookston

Hero gear does have a couple of nice ones. So does On Target in Murfreesboro. I myself bought several from CAI when they first started coming in a couple years ago. They are great guns. Nordrhein-Westfalen Police started replacing 40,000+ of these several years ago and several importers have / had imported them. Like any batch of police trade-ins, they vary substantually in condition from near NIB to ragged rattle traps.

I got one from Centerfire Systems and was very happy. Only a little wear on top of the slide (I touched it up with cold blue and you can hardly tell), looked new inside and the customer service was great.

Guest sling
I would take a "ragged out" SIG over just about any other Handgun though. I have often remarked that if I could only keep one firearm out of all my guns my P229 would be it.

IMO, anything German is pretty much like that.. not that i'm biased or anything being a Jerry.

• 2 weeks later...