AR15 Barrel Nut

wcsc12

I've purchased this item

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/parts/ar-15-barrel-nut.html

But now that I'm looking at videos on people installing free floating quad rails, theirs all look different. My quad rail didn't come with a nut. Now this nut looks like the ones in the videos.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Yankee_Hill_Barrel_Nut_p/yhm-9483.htm

Do I need to buy this one instead?

Thanks for the responses. I inadvertently answered my own question. One thing, just because a quad rail is cost effective and does the job doesn't mean it will work. Apparently before I can even speculate on the functionality of this one, I discovered it can't even fit my low profile gas block. So it's going to be sold and I'm just going to go ahead and get a YHM Diamond rail that comes with a nut and I have a spare nut now :D

YHM makes good stuff. I used the diamond rail once and it seemed to have too many sharp edges. Their light weight free float looks goofy but is a great product. Good luck.

I might be interested in your quad rail. If you would PM a link to which one it is and a price.

Also, I have a free float tube for sale myself. Mine is brand new and never mounted. It is not a quad rail though. I think that most quad rails are too large for most hands, especially with the rail covers.

And one more thing. Predator Custom, which is in Knoxville and local to you, has the YHM diamond rails in stock and for sale. They can also install them if you want them to.

Dolomite

I might be interested in your quad rail. If you would PM a link to which one it is and a price.

Also, I have a free float tube for sale myself. Mine is brand new and never mounted. It is not a quad rail though. I think that most quad rails are too large for most hands, especially with the rail covers.

And one more thing. Predator Custom, which is in Knoxville and local to you, has the YHM diamond rails in stock and for sale. They can also install them if you want them to.

Dolomite

Yeah nysos and I were talking about that earlier but they were closed. If they can beat $120 for it, I'm all in :D

It's the AIM Sports model rifle length. It's about 12.5 inches. I just don't know what kind of gas block will fit this sucker. The YHM Low Profile Gas Block is just slightly too big.

Guest twpayne75

+1

I know Sampson offers a free flot rail that clamps over the existing barrel nut.

Dolomite

That's why I use Midwest Industries rails if I'm not using Daniel Defense.

Midwest:

STAGCOMP016.jpg

+1

I know Sampson offers a free flot rail that clamps over the existing barrel nut.

Dolomite

I just bought a Samson Evolution and it comes with shims that install over the standard barrel nut that I bought, the same one in the first link from the OP actually. This was to replace my Daniel Defense quad rail that has its own unique barrel nut. Then I have a short free float tube that has a different barrel nut. Too many nuts out there:-)

I just bought a Samson Evolution and it comes with shims that install over the standard barrel nut that I bought, the same one in the first link from the OP actually. This was to replace my Daniel Defense quad rail that has its own unique barrel nut. Then I have a short free float tube that has a different barrel nut. Too many nuts out there:-)

+1 we now have several, not cheap but light and strong. the samson evolution and troy are a lot alke but Samson has been good to us.