Breaking: Paul Ryan chosen as Romney VP

Guest 270win

I think Romney will have a hard time against Obama. Many down here don't understand the union mindset up north and how they can re elect Obama when the economy up in Ohio and Mich is worse than TN. California is a lost cause too for a republican presidential nominee. In the past Obama would have had a hard time getting re elected and would lose like Carter, Old Man Bush because people wanted work. Now many do not want to work and want the handout Obama offers. The unions love Obama because of the free GM bail outs, recently naturalized Hispanics love him because their illegal friends will get amnesty, and the Occupy crowd loves him because they will all get their student loans forgiven.

California is a great example of a state where the economy has gone to the toilet and people can't give up the freebies and still elect the Democrats. This is what our country has become. Hard to imagine that Regan came from California but that was over thirty years ago. Different ethic out there then.

Edited by 270win
Guest ThePunisher

If the Wisconsin recall election is an indication of Republican hope, then maybe, Romney/Ryan have a chance. 2010 elections also gives me some hope that just maybe the people have awakened, and are realizing the crumbling of USA. But I'm also worried about the cheaters bringing in a lot of dead people voting as well as illegal alien voting.

This is still August, isn't it?

I figure a lot will happen between

now and November, don't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for another case of executive privilage.... best if done in October. The last one didn't work out so well for him, but people have already forgotten.

Guest ThePunisher

They went after Leiberman pretty hard a few years back when he broke ranks.

Yeah, if you're not a good comrade, then they treat you like a republican. The MSM will report things that reflect badly against the R's.

Guest HvyMtl

Hmm. Romney needs to make sure not to speak towards political stands, which can negatively impact him in the near future. Remember a couple of years back? When Mitt was pushing for a Constitutonal Amendment mandating the POTUS have at least 3 years of "Business Experience" before being qualified to run for office?

Well, Ryan does not have the experience the Amendment would have required. As a matter of fact, Ryan is a career politician, no non-political experience what-so-ever.

This makes me pause. I thought we wanted to vote the career politicians out... I know I do.

Yep! If Christie was the pick I would have had to hold my gun to my own head to force me to vote for him.

He's giving the keynoter at the GOP convention. So he's yet the darling of the party, which never care's whether a pol's actual practice conflicts with GOP stated principles, as long as he's worth votes.

- OS

He's giving the keynoter at the GOP convention. So he's yet the darling of the party, which never care's whether a pol's actual practice conflicts with GOP stated principles, as long as he's worth votes.

I find a lot to admire ab out Christie...frankly, seeing someone who isn't afraid to call BS BS is refreshing.

That doesn't mean I want him as President; just that I admire the fact that he has some balls.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

phew! I'm glad you qualified that, Robert. You had me worried for a minute.

I like Christie for that same reason, but I wouldn't dare want him with Romney.

phew! I'm glad you qualified that, Robert. You had me worried for a minute.

I like Christie for that same reason, but I wouldn't dare want him with Romney.

No worries...I'm not crazy (even though some here would disagree).

If I could create the perfect President there are elements of Christie I'd want in the mixing bowl but I'd be cutting a lot out too. :)

I'm looking forward to his keynote address!

Guest ThePunisher

I'm pretty sure he will get the crowd riled up. I like him for how he's not afraid to tell it like it is, but wouldn't want him as VP.

Guest 6.8 AR

They went after Leiberman pretty hard a few years back when he broke ranks.

If you will recall, it took no time for them to kiss and make up, also.