Breaking: Paul Ryan chosen as Romney VP

Your pet rock, maybe, a Palin? Not so much.

Ah, this is the guy behind the "Republican" budget in the house. I see attacks on killing medicare / social security in the near future.

He wouldn't be worth much if the Dems didn't call him a baby killer. Romney made a strong comment about preserving Medicare and SS before he turned over the microphone.

Guest Lester Weevils

Can we reverse the ticket?

Reversed sounds better to me. Back in Y2K when wife could still be bothered to watch politics on TV, we were watching a Lieberman-Cheney debate and both agreed that the VP candidates were just plain for everybody to see smarter than Bush and Gore. It was actually interesting to hear the Lieberman-Cheney debates, and painfully embarrasing to watch the Bush/Gore candidates attempting to put sentences together and make some kind of sense, even after presumably long and brutal pre-coaching sessions.

He wouldn't be worth much if the Dems didn't call him a baby killer. Romney made a strong comment about preserving Medicare and SS before he turned over the microphone.

The devil is in the details.

and painfully embarrasing to watch the Bush/Gore candidates attempting to put sentences together and make some kind of sense, even after presumably long and brutal pre-coaching sessions.

Lock Box. Fuzzy math.

Lookin' forward to the next few months.

Guest HvyMtl

Is it too early to point out he has less "Executive Experience" than even Sarah Palin? I bet they'll point that out, if it hasn't happened yet.

We'll never probably know exactly how these picks come about. Rubio may well have simply turned it down, if he didn't honestly think they could win. Losing as veep candidate ain't a plus to winning if and when he runs for prez himself.

I'm so glad it wasn't Christie. I'd have still have had to vote for them, but would have been even more distasteful.

- OS

• Like 2

Ah, this is the guy behind the "Republican" budget in the house. I see attacks on killing medicare / social security in the near future.

Haven't watched the news today, eh? The Dem machine has wasted no time trying to put the fear into all us entitlement leeches.

- OS

Unless they dump Biden, the vice-pres debates will be about like dilbert vs his boss.

Well, there's only one, with the last two presidential ones following after, so all Biden's idiocy will have time to diffuse a bit over the next couple weeks.

I'll bet this is one evening that BHO wishes he could somehow zap, though.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Not only has Mitt sealed my vote, but he will actually get some money from me now. Picking Ryan as his VP makes me wonder if I was too harsh in my criticism of Romney, and that he has actually changed from some of his former beliefs.

Can you imagine what the Ryan/Biden debate will be like? Team Obama will probably send Biden out of the country before the scheduled debates the minimize the embarrassment.

Not only has Mitt sealed my vote, but he will actually get some money from me now. Picking Ryan as his VP makes me wonder if I was too harsh in my criticism of Romney, and that he has actually changed from some of his former beliefs.

Can you imagine what the Ryan/Biden debate will be like? Team Obama will probably send Biden out of the country before the scheduled debates the minimize the embarrassment.

I sent a few bucks today

We've reached tipping point of takers vs. producers in this country.

The only question is how many eligible voters on the teat will actually show to vote. If overwhelming majority do, combined with the rest of the libs, BHO wins, hands down.

Irony is that the worse things get, the larger the Dem voter base becomes. After 4 more years, they'll have an ongoing lock ... until The Big Pain.

Ryan will give the Dems more of the scare-the-poor ammo. People are unhappy that they are poor, but don't understand that the country being poor contributes to that.

I also expect to see the Hill start swinging the other way too, but especially hope I'm wrong about that. Maybe not, as it's harder to get much of the Dem base off their duffs on non-presidential election years, might be only saving grace.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot