2012 NCAA Football Thread

Il Duce

[quote name='Oh Shoot' timestamp='1354403921' post='853539']
Just heard the stat that when 'Bama gets 155 yards or more rushing over the last however many years mentioned, they are 48 and 0. They're at 152 starting the second half, so the Dawgs would really have to cheat fate big time to overcome that.[/quote]
Since 2008, Bama is now 49-0 when they rush for 150 yards or more...

[quote name='crimsonaudio' timestamp='1354412110' post='853596']
Since 2008, Bama is now 49-0 when they rush for 150 yards or more...
[/quote]

:) Damn close though, helluva ballgame.

If the BCS game is even close after the first half, I'll be really surprised.

That Lacy cat might be the next Walter Payton or something.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest seawolf138

[quote name='Oh Shoot' timestamp='1354413690' post='853620']
Your avatar suggests you may not be seeing the situation rationally. ;)

- OS
[/quote]

I've been a Bama fan for as long as I've been able to understand what that is, but I will not count them the NC until the game is played. ND has pulled off some crazy games in its history, and while I believe that Bama will win, you can't count the Irish out until they're out. At the end of the day, all I really want to see is a damned good football game.

All I can really count on in the BCS title game is that ND will suit up and take the field.

I just hope I don't have to work that night so I can watch the game.

This season has been nothing but a win for ND ,the outcome of the next game won't change that fact,
  • Like 1
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1354419419' post='853675']
All I can really count on in the BCS title game is that ND will suit up and take the field.

I just hope I don't have to work that night so I can watch the game.

This season has been nothing but a win for ND ,the outcome of the next game won't change that fact,
[/quote]
Fans like you deserve this.

Glad you get to see this.

RTR
Thanks Brad[i],[/i] this season has been a long time coming.

I know a lot of people who root for ND and it is great to share the season's success with them. I have been in a group of 20 or so guys for about 15 years or so. We are basically an email based message board. We all met on an old AOL ND fan board back then. At some point it became about sending emails so as to not have to deal with trolls. A few of the guys went to ND, a couple played ball there, one guy went on to the NFL. One guy is a sportswriter. I think our ages are from 20 somethings to a couple of guys in their 70's. We lost a gentleman last spring named Layden. I wish he was still alive to enjoy this year. I also wish my Dad's mental state was better as well. I am not sure he really knows what ND has accomplished so far this year. For me this season is a tribute to Layden and my Dad even if they aren't here or knowing whats going on.

ND made a great hire in Bryan Kelly. Like UT is finding out, hiring the right coach is not an easy task. Kelly is laying a foundation like Saban has done that helps ensure success for years to come. ND went from Lou Holtz to a lot of guys qualified to be a head coach but none of them could get it done. Kelly has the ability and drive to field teams that can contend.

I fully expect to be in the hunt again next year.and the foreseeable future. Though there is no telling how the ball will bounce and how the calls will go. The foundation for success has been laid. I hope it can come to fruition this year.

Regardless of who wins or loses I hope it is all left on the field in the hands of coaches and players. No crap or blown calls. Just a hard fought game with one team coming out ahead through their efforts.

It ought to be a helluva game.
  • Like 2
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1354423471' post='853704']
Thanks Brad[i],[/i] this season has been a long time coming.

I know a lot of people who root for ND and it is great to share the season's success with them. I have been in a group of 20 or so guys for about 15 years or so. We are basically an email based message board. We all met on an old AOL ND fan board back then. At some point it became about sending emails so as to not have to deal with trolls. A few of the guys went to ND, a couple played ball there, one guy went on to the NFL. One guy is a sportswriter. I think our ages are from 20 somethings to a couple of guys in their 70's. We lost a gentleman last spring named Layden. I wish he was still alive to enjoy this year. I also wish my Dad's mental state was better as well. I am not sure he really knows what ND has accomplished so far this year. For me this season is a tribute to Layden and my Dad even if they aren't here or knowing whats going on.

ND made a great hire in Bryan Kelly. Like UT is finding out, hiring the right coach is not an easy task. Kelly is laying a foundation like Saban has done that helps ensure success for years to come. ND went from Lou Holtz to a lot of guys qualified to be a head coach but none of them could get it done. Kelly has the ability and drive to field teams that can contend.

I fully expect to be in the hunt again next year.and the foreseeable future. Though there is no telling how the ball will bounce and how the calls will go. The foundation for success has been laid. I hope it can come to fruition this year.

Regardless of who wins or loses I hope it is all left on the field in the hands of coaches and players. No crap or blown calls. Just a hard fought game with one team coming out ahead through their efforts.

[/quote]

This! So much this! I used to love watching the games when I was a kid with my Dad and uncles! It has been a rough road since Boston College hit that last minute field goal in '93. I'm just glad to see them playing sound football again, it feels like Kelly is building a program that will be competitive for the next several years. To be honest, I think they are a year ahead of schedule here. Looking at their schedule, even now on the back end, I still think if they were a 10 win team this year they got a helluva coach in Kelly. To be playing for the title this year is icing on the cake. Especially in Teo's senior year. I believe that is a fine young man that deserves every good thing he gets after the year he's been through.

Go Irish! Beat Bama!
Guest cardcutter
ND made a great hire in Bryan Kelly. Like UT is finding out, hiring the right coach is not an easy task. .[/quote]

Aint that the truth! UT, Auburn, and Kentucky as well.

[/quote]

I am a diehard Bamma fan.
That being said , what I want to see is a clash of titans.
I want to see both teams at their very best and playing like their lives depend on it.
I can't stand a blow out.
It ought to be good.
ROLL TIDE! Edited by cardcutter
After watching the clinic that Yeldon and Lacy put on last night I'm excited to see that matchup with our front 7. I'm also excited to see how well ND's backs and QB can run on Bama. There were a few times last night that I thought GA could have moved the chains with a mobile QB.

No kidding though, Cooper is a beast! He worries me against our cornerbacks. All that talk about Lee from usc being the best receiver ND would see is a lie, Cooper is the real deal!
[quote name='ShamGlock' timestamp='1354465102' post='853789']
After watching the clinic that Yeldon and Lacy put on last night I'm excited to see that matchup with our front 7. I'm also excited to see how well ND's backs and QB can run on Bama. There were a few times last night that I thought GA could have moved the chains with a mobile QB.

No kidding though, Cooper is a beast! He worries me against our cornerbacks. All that talk about Lee from usc being the best receiver ND would see is a lie, Cooper is the real deal!
[/quote]

And Cooper is a TRUE Freshman! That's some scary talent.

RTR!
[quote name='laktrash' timestamp='1354545412' post='854203']
Northern Illinois in a BCS bowl?
Florida vs Louisville ? Florida will kill em and I'm not a Florida fan
No georgia in the BCS ?
I guess its just more of the BCS
[/quote]
[i]'Everyone gets a trophy'[/i]