SA-22 Browning

Mark@Sea

I have one and the Norinco clone of one the ATD. They are great little rifles. The SA-22 were made in a couple of places to include Japan. All the grade/places's built can be confusing for pricing. The ATD can be had for 200-250. They are still in production. They takedown for a small package. I have the new Ruger Take Down 10/22 and it is still a bigger package and needed work right out of the box.

I got mine due to shooting as a youth in the 60's-70's. They are both accurate also with great iron sights.

I have one marked belgium. It is very lightweight and accurate, I really like it but rarely shoot it. It has some fancy "engraved' (probably stamped in) doodles on the metal.

I also have a BAR-22 that is very, very nice. I prefer this one to the above; the SA just seems small and girlish or something. Confirmed the BAR-22 is made in japan. I have a scope on this one, the SA is iron sighted.

Edited by Jonnin

I dunno. Maybe girlish was the wrong word, but its short and super thin and lightweight with engraved flowers or something. He looks like he could fire it one handed. Hers is not a 22 SA, its just something that looks similar and the super thin build looks a lot better in her hands than his, IMHO. I dunno if that is her 39 or not.

• Admin Team

I've always wanted a SA 22.

That's despite the fact that I don't think I've ever even shot one. One of my friends grandfathers had one when I was a kid. I always admired it.

Girly, maybe. But I don't know how you can be a true JMB disciple without one.

Mine is scoped. The Browning mount is attached to the barrel, and cantilevered over the receiver. When you take it down, the scope stays with the front half.

That'll work. Been a long time since I've seen it, but I believe the reciever is grooved for rings. That doesn't seem like it would work too well.