What will be Obama's 'October Surprise'?

It wouldn't be an election in Shelby County unless the dead rose to cast their ballots.

And apparently, you were only allowed to vote Republican for the Primaries in Davidson County.

Romney and Ryan are both perceived as very stiff. They in no way identify with the common union workers up north. That is what will mess them up in this election.

I wouldn't go that far. There are a lot of unemployed union workers and there will be a lot of coal fired power plants

that are scheduled to be shut down in and around Ohio. With energy prices "necessarily skyrocketing" and high

unemployment in the region, they have a better chance than the media is letting us know about. If Romney and Ryan

stay on message and the Republican Party gets it's collective ass back behind the chosen candidates, they have a

good chance of winning. The Republican Party is not doing a solid campaign effort for them. Leadership in the Senate

and the House appear to be on drugs. They could very easily lose this thing, not Romney/Ryan.

I wouldn't go that far. There are a lot of unemployed union workers and there will be a lot of coal fired power plants

that are scheduled to be shut down in and around Ohio. With energy prices "necessarily skyrocketing" and high

unemployment in the region, they have a better chance than the media is letting us know about. If Romney and Ryan

stay on message and the Republican Party gets it's collective ass back behind the chosen candidates, they have a

good chance of winning. The Republican Party is not doing a solid campaign effort for them. Leadership in the Senate

and the House appear to be on drugs. They could very easily lose this thing, not Romney/Ryan.

Is that your reverse coat-tails theory?

Nah, that's the "Economics twist and turn on the union thug theory". Coattails be damned! :D

The party desperately needs to show some unity. That's how Democrats win elections. Republicans always

have to re-learn these lessons because they always forget them.

Nah, that's the "Economics twist and turn on the union thug theory". Coattails be damned! :D

The party desperately needs to show some unity. That's how Democrats win elections. Republicans always

have to re-learn these lessons because they always forget them.

Interesting that you mention the "Union". That is another huge misconception in our country. So many seem to forget that the Federal government should only have the powers that the States grant it.

Interesting that you mention the "Union". That is another huge misconception in our country. So many seem to forget that the Federal government should only have the powers that the States grant it.

I think I meant it a little different from how you took it, but I agree, people do forget that, also.

Remove my surprise. O will be winning the Debates. So, its not that.

http://politicaltick...ions/?hpt=hp_t3

Even Romney doesnt think he will do well in the debates.

Uh-huh. I read the letter. I've written letters like that. Fulsome praise for the opponent. . . . The letter is a mind-f c u k on the Obammunist. Pure and simple. Narcissist Obama is already cutting back on his debate prep 'cause -- He's. So. Good. There's a good chance that Romney can kick his ass with facts, because the facts of the last few years are ugly and tawdry.

There's a Winston Churchill quote that applies:

People say we ought not to allow ourselves to be drawn into a theoretical antagonism between Nazidom and democracy; but the antagonism is here now. It is this very conflict of spiritual and moral ideas which gives the free countries a great part of their strength. You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. On all sides they are guarded by masses of armed men, cannons, aeroplanes, fortifications, and the like — they boast and vaunt themselves before the world, yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic. They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind. Cannons, airplanes, they can manufacture in large quantities; but how are they to quell the natural promptings of human nature, which after all these centuries of trial and progress has inherited a whole armoury of potent and indestructible knowledge?

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

If anyone has ever listened the last 4 years of any Obama interviews or press conferences, you know that he can talk 5 minutes and never answer the questions specifically asked. But heeee...is so intelligent that Obama is gonna pull the wool over the sheeple eyes. But sometimes without his telepromter he's been known to put his foot in his mouth. I believe Romney will be well prepared to handle the commie. He did pretty well in the primary debates.

Edited by ThePunisher

I really think Obama will get elected. Romney is going to have a hard time picking up the heavy union states with a lot of population up north. They are still blaming Bush and think their boy Barrack is going to fix it all and keep depositing the union paychecks in their accounts.

Guest ThePunisher

He's the most divisive and racist president we've ever had period. His "Hope and Change" was nothing but commie propaganda BS. He's single handedly destroying our country, and nobody is even concerned or even noticing the destruction and division.

Guest 6.8 AR

One of the things I think Obama will not want as an October Surprize is all the information coming out about

the Ambassador's death. Not the propaganda by Ms. Rice, that should get her and her superiors(all of them)

fired, but the evident lack of security even after attempts were made to get security, especially when warranted.

9-11 the date come to mind? Evidence is bubbling out that there were no attempts to secure any facilities and

the lack of concern caused more death.

October Surprises can be in either direction.

One of the things I think Obama will not want as an October Surprize is all the information coming out about

the Ambassador's death. Not the propaganda by Ms. Rice, that should get her and her superiors(all of them)

fired, but the evident lack of security even after attempts were made to get security, especially when warranted.

9-11 the date come to mind? Evidence is bubbling out that there were no attempts to secure any facilities and

the lack of concern caused more death.

October Surprises can be in either direction.

Republicans need to jump on this like a duck on a June bug. Seriously, there is so much this idiot has done this one tops them all. If he does win, then it's going to be a Nixon term all all over again.

All I know to do is call and email our representatives.....and vote R&R.