Atlas Shrugged Part II

The first one was lacking in may ways, but with a small budget, I suspect it is really hard to do a great job with such a difficult to read book. Having said that, I did enjoy the first one. My wife, who has not read the book, really like part 1, which I thought was odd.

They had to scrap the entire cast and much of the production crew for Part II, but the trailer looks really good. I had an emotional response during it. It opens this weekend.

The trailer is linked below.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think if they followed the book there would be about 6 movies lol. I liked the book and the warning it gives. The movie was decent it just seemed to lack some of what i thought were great points in the story. I will watch the second one though.

I enjoyed the first one. Sadly, it was too successful and the actors playing key parts have had their careers take off such that the producers could not afford them for part II. Still, the production crew will be the same, and they seem to have learned a lot from the first one. I'm looking forward to Part II and will go see it this weekend.

Guest 6.8 AR

I think it will be okay with a different cast if the story holds up. My only gripe with the first one was the timeline,

but I understood them doing it the way they did. I hope to see a huge crowd in Nashville this weekend at the

Regal.

But first things first. I left a few scallops last night. Gonna have to rectify that. Calabash is waiting. :D

I didn't see the first one, I wonder if this movie will stand on it's own for someone like me that has not read the books or seen the first movie.

I doubt it. I think you would at least want to watch the first one, which can probably be done entirely on youtube.

The book is a long, and somewhat ponderous read, but it is stunning. She wrote the book in the 1950's IIRC, but she perfectly characterizes the mannerisms and arguments that the lefties use today. The path to marxism apparently looks the same every time a society goes down it.

I think the message it conveys will be the important piece for the movie. Very few books have been

made into carbon copies in movie style. All the cast may change but the people who put the movie

together are the same. Just the fact that someone tried to make this into a movie is unbelievable.

I really liked the cast last time and can't expect the replacements to be any more than them but the

content should be great, based on the trailers I've seen.

First printing 1957 for the book. I have a second printing first edition copy and have worn out several

paperbacks. :D

I have never been more disappointed in a book to movie adaptation. I agree that to do the book justice there would need to be at least 6 movies. I can not see how anyone who hadnt read the book would have any clue what was going on the in the movie, they skipped or quickly passed over vital parts of the plot.

as far as part one was I thought it followed the book closely enough. The book to me was long winded and boring. I did a lot of speed reading to get through the dissertations being offered by Rand. Parts of the book were impossible to stop reading and totally riveting.

I suspect Part two will be along the same lines at Part One was..It will get the message of the book across.