Wise words on the myth of knife fighting and self-defense in general

I don't know who the guy is, but I found the website during my typical mindless wandering about the World Wide Web. It pretty much sums up my philosophy on self-defense. If you have to fight, fight to win, and that means fighting dirty if necessary.

Not to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the reason someone uses a weapon on another human being is to stack the deck in their favor. People don't use weapons to fight, they use weapons to win. The absolute last thing any attacker wants to do is to fight you with equal weapons. If he was looking for a fight he wouldn't have attacked you with a weapon in the first place. And if he knows you have a knife, he is going to attack you with a bigger and better weapon to keep you from winning.

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/knifelies.html

• Like 1

Exactly. I remember that sort of thing from my youth too, folks saying that someone did not fight fair, as if there were such a thing outside the fighting sports (and even there people do what they can get away with same as any sport). I always wondered what they would do if someone were beating THEM up, would they just take it and hold to the "rules" or what... even a fair fight is not, one person is going to be bigger/stronger/faster/smarter/something. People don't get that either.

Only the losers bring out the "Fair Fight" argument afterwards. When I fight, I never intend for it to be fair. Of course, the last fight I got into was in 6th grade and that was 38 years ago. That wasn't fair either. I sucker punched him after, he popped me in the back of the head.and started to walk away.