Saw this in my front yard today.

Guest 6.8 AR

My train went in emergency(brakes came on of their own accord) just behind the Waverly Wal-Mart and I sat

there watching a hawk do that dance in the sky for awhile before those wings ducked in he took his prey.

It is an awesome feat.

+1 to everyone that's saying Redtail. There was a pair of them about twice that size in the little stand of trees behind my house for a few years.

One night I was coming home from work (I live right off the highway) and a little rabbit was crossing the offramp from the highway in front of me. I slowed to let him cross and just as he hit the grass on the other side the hawk hit him. Hawk tried to haul him off but he was bucking so much the bird dropped him.... right onto the hood of my car. Scared the beejeesus out of me.

Awesome birds. Hope mine come back some day. Plenty of rabbits around those trees for them.

+1 to everyone that's saying Redtail. There was a pair of them about twice that size in the little stand of trees behind my house for a few years.

One night I was coming home from work (I live right off the highway) and a little rabbit was crossing the offramp from the highway in front of me. I slowed to let him cross and just as he hit the grass on the other side the hawk hit him. Hawk tried to haul him off but he was bucking so much the bird dropped him.... right onto the hood of my car. Scared the beejeesus out of me.

Awesome birds. Hope mine come back some day. Plenty of rabbits around those trees for them.

Could you hear the rabbit screaming? On a summer's night I was pulling onto a highway when an owl came down on a rabbit, and I heard it screaming. Wow!

To me, all birds of prey are awesome birds, one day last week we had a golden eagle hanging behind the house. I was sleeping in and my wife( who gets up early to have coffee with the birds) came running in the house yelling you have to get out here to see this. Came out and there was a golden eagle lit on a branch just outside the fence for the dogs. He kept swooping down to where I had discarded some squirrel skins and guts the night before. I did a little research and found out the golden eagles will eat carrion. I will keep putting stuff out for him when available and see if I can make a pet. It was really cool to watch the graceful power.

Sent from iPad in the woods.