Testing the waters.

rcrespo106

I have traded probably 50 guns in the past 8 years. I now have the policy that I will save up and buy the guns I want and sell the others later if I continue to not use or dislike them. Sadly about half the guns I wish, now, that I had not traded. I could be sitting on about, rough guess, 6 grand more $ if I hadn't traded.

Aside from that aspect don't go all AWB crazy and lose a decent rifle for a WASR. Just saying. Nothing wrong with a WASR but what you would be doing is pretty much the same as leaving the bar with the fat ugly chick because you didn't put any effort into getting anything better while you were sober lol. my .02

To be honest I love the Marlin but I can always replace it later. I afraid if there is a new AWB I won't be able to get my hands on an AK. Still not sure I want to let the Marlin go, tough to find them in .357.

An AWB won't happen overnight. I would keep the Marlin, and start sticking some money back. Obama can rattle on about an AWB on TV, but getting one passed is a whole other deal. Even if it could go his way, it will be months or years.

BTW... Dolomite speaks the truth. Being a benefactor is good for you.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

Ohshoot - it is a newer Remlin but I am actully very happy with the quality of it.

JMP - Thanks for the advice I think I will save up and buy the AK I really want since I love the Marlin. I'm actually leaning towards buying an unconverted Saiga and doing the work myself. (looks like a fun project).

Dolomite.- I understand my post bordered on a trade request but trust me that was not my intention. I will definitive consider becoming a benefactor. I think my question has been answered please fell free to take this thread down if you like. .

Stamp on the barrel says Ilion.

Thanks, was curious. I know Marlin 60 shows Mayfield. Maybe all the lever guns are coming from the Ilion plant, as somebody else mentioned their 30-30 was from there also.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot