A$$ WIPE !!!

Guest Mad4rcn

Guest Mad4rcn
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]It's a crazy world we live in today. This morning my wife was on her way to work and some a$$hat side swiped her and tore the drivers side mirror off her car. Apparently they where in a hurry because they failed to stop.[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]I had the same thing done to my truck when it was less than a week old. This person didn't stop either. I had to chase him down and get him to stop. This guy had no insurance,no tag,no drivers license and no grasp of the english language. Oh,and my wife has had her car 6 days now.[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]What the $h1T is wrong with people ?!?!?[/size][/font]
Some dbag skank ran off the road in front of my house, into my driveway and totalled my mom's car in Sept. She was uninsured, had a printed copy of her license, and my neighbor's sister said she "had to be on something" although she passed field test.
Mom was with us at my sister's and my neighbors weren't home, the loser actually would've left the scene had a guy that lives on the next street over not called my nextdoor neighbor's sister and her and her son got there fast.

So anyway I was pissed when I got there and the girl's husband showed up and gave me their sad story and problems trying to make me feel sorry for them. I told him "buddy I don't care, you detroyed my mom's stuff and are just gonna go on like nothing happened. That don't sit well with me."

Later I guess someone told him about my dad and he tried to say "He was sorry" to hear that. I told him "Sorry? You better be thankful, cause you're gd lucky my daddy ain't here cause he'd have probably pistol whipped your wife and he'd have shot you because of your irresponsiblity. You think I'm mad, this ain't nothin' " Which may have been conceivable, my dad lived with us and died earlier that week from cancer. So their problems were low on my mind. And although my mom and dad were divorced, my dad loved my mom and would've got wound up. he'd consider their disregard to other's (her) property a very poor choice in his terminal state. I was very mad, dad would've been very mad with nothing to lose.

they knew the system and i assume had done this before. They knew to sell their car to a salvage yard that would pick it up and they can go on like nothing happened.

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='K191145' timestamp='1352133127' post='839395']
If you're caught without some sort of liability insurance, the state should impound your vehicle until you show proof of some kind of liability insurance.
[/quote]

And how about some jail time also.

[quote name='TripleDigitRide' timestamp='1352131337' post='839371']Moral of the story; don't drive your new vehicle for the first week of ownership. :P[/quote]

My first new car got rear ended in the first hour I owned it. I saw it coming and eased up a foot or two giving the prick a little more room. That saved it. The only damage was hairline cracks in the bumper cover. For the Memphis Peeps, it was a spoiled brat rich kid from CBHS in his paid-for-by-daddy Jeep Wrangler. He had been changing lanes back and forth. When he jumped behind me for the 2nd or 3rd time, I had to come to a complete stop. Someone was parking using the right lane of the major street. That was a ticketable offense so I was told. The cop was pissed that I waved him away from his radar trap a block away to come see my wreck. Then the jerk determined the damage had to be under $400, so he refused to write a ticket on the kid. New cover and paint was $780. The prick's parents cut me a check. I would have rather see it go on their insurance. That kid was a total nuisance the way he was driving.

[quote name='K191145' timestamp='1352133127' post='839395']
If you're caught without some sort of liability insurance, the state should impound your vehicle until you show proof of some kind of liability insurance.
[/quote]
They don't do that in TN?
Every state I've lived in, before now, takes your car if you're driving uninsured.
[quote name='Mad4rcn' timestamp='1352127782' post='839343']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]It's a crazy world we live in today. This morning my wife was on her way to work and some a$$hat side swiped her and tore the drivers side mirror off her car. Apparently they where in a hurry because they failed to stop.[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]I had the same thing done to my truck when it was less than a week old. This person didn't stop either. I had to chase him down and get him to stop. This guy had no insurance,no tag,no drivers license and no grasp of the english language. Oh,and my wife has had her car 6 days now.[/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][size=5]What the $h1T is wrong with people ?!?!?[/size][/font]
[/quote] Did she get a tag number? Or anything? At least the uninsured motorist should cover it.
There are stupid people out there. Sorry to hear about it.
I had a drunk driver run a red light and total my 2mo car and flipped my car into oncoming traffic. I then was hit head on by another car. The lady that ran the light had no licence, or insurance and had "stole" the car from her parents. I was the only one that was not taken off in a stretcher. She got a ticket and at the court date wore something slutty and was just given a fine and had to take a $60 driving class. She should have gone to jail!
[quote name='Razz' timestamp='1352134050' post='839404']
Every state I've lived in, before now, takes your car if you're driving uninsured.
[/quote]

AFAIK, if you've been in a wreck uninsured, TN takes your license, but not the car.

Not even sure they take the license unless you've been in a wreck, like if you can't show proof during a traffic stop?

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352136523' post='839424']

Not even sure they take the license unless you've been in a wreck, like if you can't show proof during a traffic stop?

- OS
[/quote]
The police will not take it during the stop but if you don't have proof of insurance at court your license will be revoked. There is also some heavy fines as well. Also it is not up to the judge it's a requirement.
[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1352137569' post='839429']
The police will not take it during the stop but if you don't have proof of insurance at court your license will be revoked. There is also some heavy fines as well. Also it is not up to the judge it's a requirement.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I meant, not take it on the spot.

Is it same if you've been involved in an accident, still don't lose it till you go to court and not be able to show proof of insurance at that time?

- OS Edited by OhShoot
The only time in TN that a officer will take a license(that I know of) is when someone is driving while revoked/suspended and they produce the license. If its revoked/suspended and they are using for ID purposes it's not a problem. So if they have a wreck and they don't have insurance then only the judge can take a license. The judge may not physically take the license though but it will be revoked.
  • Like 1
Guest Mad4rcn
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I guess my family needs to leave new cars parked for 30 days so the new car smell won't attract unwanted attention...lol.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]My oldest son bought a new jeep before he left Ft. Polk. On his way home for a few days before reporting to Ft. Campbell a semi truck carrying a piece of heavy equipment bounced a rock through his front window. Jeep was 2 weeks old,he was sick about it,first new car and all...lol. He did manage to get the truckers attention and the man was happy to handle all the expenses.[/font]
[quote name='Razz' timestamp='1352134050' post='839404']
[/quote]

In TN you win the Internet if you get caught driving without a license.

[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1352137569' post='839429']
[/quote]

That assumes that it goes to court.My friend was in a wreck with an unlicensed, uninsured motorist who didn't get so much as a ticket. So much for laws.
[quote name='1morethan8' timestamp='1352146526' post='839477']
You need to carry liability and uninsured motorist as the minimum out there with the crazy drivers on the road!
[/quote]

Also the difference on liability and uninsured motorist 50,000 and 100,000 coverage isn't much. There are allot of expensive cars on the road today.
This was my three month old truck after I was hit by an uninsured driver. I was sitting at a red light when this douchebag slammed in to me going 45 mph. Brand new truck totaled.

[img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/majorkong/download-11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/majorkong/download-1-5.jpg[/img]
[quote name='Major Kong' timestamp='1352157737' post='839605']This was my three month old truck after I was hit by an uninsured driver. I was sitting at a red light when this douchebag slammed in to me going 45 mph. Brand new truck totaled.

[img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/majorkong/download-11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/majorkong/download-1-5.jpg[/img][/quote]

Poor Tacoma, I would have a hard time restraining myself if i found out someone hit me and didn't have insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

[quote name='babelt' timestamp='1352160360' post='839645']
Poor Tacoma, I would have a hard time restraining myself if i found out someone hit me and didn't have insurance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

He lied to the police at the scene and produced a fake/invalid insurance card. I would have been much more pissed had I known at the time.
[quote name='1morethan8' timestamp='1352146526' post='839477']
You need to carry liability and uninsured motorist as the minimum out there with the crazy drivers on the road!
[/quote]
I drive a 12 year old truck that's long paid for, the blue book value on it is about $1500 so I dropped collision long ago so if I crash it I get nothing, I have liability, uninsured and comprehensive which repaired my truck 2 years ago from colliding with a deer which they view as not your fault. You should have uninsured coverage but if you don't you're just risking yourself, if someone chooses to drive they don't have a right to risk financial loss to someone else so I believe liability should be all that's required. Now liability should also cover injuries to any passengers in your vehicle. Edited by K191145
[quote name='Major Kong' timestamp='1352161366' post='839657']
He lied to the police at the scene and produced a fake/invalid insurance card. I would have been much more pissed had I known at the time.
[/quote]
That should have been extra charges filed on him.
I'm sure my story is nothing new. But it's an unsolved accident report. This happened about 10 years ago when i was still living in Tullahoma and working for Lowe's.

My mother was involved in a hit-and-run accident on Normandy lake( Blanton chapel road or Riley Creek road) right before the hill and turn up beside the lake. She actually had to get all the way in the shoulder to try to avoid the oncoming vehicle. Which if he had been over a foot more, my mother would not have survived and instead of facing a hit-and-run he would have faced a vehicular homicide charge. The only thing is, this d-bag never was caught. Either he was Illegal or drunk or both. The main reason why he wasnt caught is there is there was very little cellphone coverage and beings it's not a well-travelled road, my mom had to wait a while for another motorist to come by. And the sheriff dept up there could only do so much at that time.

I hope there is a special place in Hell for those types of people who don't care about killing someone because they are too drunk to be behind the wheel.

Luckily my mom survived that incident. I'm thankful for the motorist who stopped to help.