Finally Got My XD(M)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a beautiful sight. I have really been considering getting one, but I already have the tactical and subcompact in 40. I am curious as to how shooting it compares to the 40 tactical.

Are you planning on coming to our meet and shoot? I would love to see your sweet gun in person?

That is a beautiful sight. I have really been considering getting one, but I already have the tactical and subcompact in 40. I am curious as to how shooting it compares to the 40 tactical.

Are you planning on coming to our meet and shoot? I would love to see your sweet gun in person?

I thought about checking out one of the meets, but being as I've never even attended one, I probably wouldn;t shoot the first time. I'd like to see how everything works.

I thought about checking out one of the meets, but being as I've never even attended one, I probably wouldn;t shoot the first time. I'd like to see how everything works.

It is really just everyone getting together and eating lunch and then going to the range together and shooting. The next one is the 22nd, I think, in Spring Hill at Owl Hollow Gun Club. They are a lot of fun.

It is really just everyone getting together and eating lunch and then going to the range together and shooting. The next one is the 22nd, I think, in Spring Hill at Owl Hollow Gun Club. They are a lot of fun.

OH! I thought you were talking about a "match" type shoot. Yea, I'd go to the one you're talking about.

Guest db99wj
Not that I really want to, but one never knows what may come along.

What do you think of the trigger? They say match grade, but I found it to be just as crunchy as other XD triggers, well really like most striker fired triggers. I also thought the reset was long. I'm curious to see if they improve a lot with use. My XD's trigger improved a lot with use.

What do you think of the trigger? They say match grade, but I found it to be just as crunchy as other XD triggers, well really like most striker fired triggers. I also thought the reset was long. I'm curious to see if they improve a lot with use. My XD's trigger improved a lot with use.

Not having the chance to shoot it, it's somewhat difficult to tell. Simply dry firing it, it does seem improved. I can tell there is less travel, and much crisper.

• Administrator

Be careful about trading it off so fast. It puts you in the dangerous position of looking like you were involved in a "straw purchase". If you do trade, trade it off to a gun shop so that it's on the radar (as everyone here likes to say). Otherwise hang on to it for a period of time.

Just a common sense word of warning.

Be careful about trading it off so fast. It puts you in the dangerous position of looking like you were involved in a "straw purchase". If you do trade, trade it off to a gun shop so that it's on the radar (as everyone here likes to say). Otherwise hang on to it for a period of time.

Thanks for the word of caution, Tungsten. I did think about that, but I thought a "straw purchase" was buying a firearm for someone who was not legally allowed to own a gun. That not being the case, I didn't see an issue.

How long would you suggest I hold on to it before a possible trade?

Thanks again.

I understand what you're saying.

So, if "someone" is reading this, and has the impression that I'm somehow involved in a "straw purchase", that is incorrect. As I stated in a previous post, I asked the store owner to order this firearm for me, and because I'm a man of my word, I didn't feel like backing out on the deal would have been the right decision. So, here I am with a XD(M) that honestly, I could live without at this time. If I could find a trade (with another person who's legally allowed to own a firearm, of course) that would suit my needs/wants, I would go that route. If not, I'll keep it. Maybe, being one of the first 5000 sold, one day it will be worth a trillion-zillion dollars. And I could finally retire.:(

Thanks again, Tunggy!

You have been spending waaaaaaay too much time with the lawyers!

A straw purchase is knowingly purchsing a weapon for an individual who can not legally buy one himself.

Before long we may get advice to always wear helmets to the range as well.:(:D

From what I've seen, the XD-M appears to use a similar trigger system as the previous version, so it's likely that upgrade parts would fit and work around the added sear deactivation bar. As it comes, the trigger is a bit crunchy, but that's probably just due to the 2 extra moving parts... the trigger travel and reset is much improved.

• Administrator

If I weren't saving my pennies for another Evil Black Rifle of some sort, I'd probably consider buying it from TDR. I lack a .40SW in my collection right now, although I can't really say that I miss owning one at the moment. Just another mouth to feed when you have them. ;)

I understand what you're saying.

So, if "someone" is reading this, and has the impression that I'm somehow involved in a "straw purchase", that is incorrect. As I stated in a previous post, I asked the store owner to order this firearm for me, and because I'm a man of my word, I didn't feel like backing out on the deal would have been the right decision. So, here I am with a XD(M) that honestly, I could live without at this time. If I could find a trade (with another person who's legally allowed to own a firearm, of course) that would suit my needs/wants, I would go that route. If not, I'll keep it. Maybe, being one of the first 5000 sold, one day it will be worth a trillion-zillion dollars. And I could finally retire.;)

Thanks again, Tunggy!

Just don't sell it to anyone from New York. Remember, evil uncle Bloomb^%ch is watching.