Picked up a Glock Today... never saw it happen

Guest sling

Guest sling

Those of you that know me and my HK Kool-aiding ;) will find it incredibly surprising that i picked up a G19 at Guns and Leather today. Havent taken it out yet as that comes tomorrow at Stones River. They dont feel as blocky as i remember the last time i held one. Still, it dont beat my P7. lol

No pictures attached...as... i'm lazy and hey... we all know what a Glock looks like. :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NormShaver

congrats on your purchase, i have been looking for a good 9mm range gun, and i can't stop looking at the g17 or g19 i thought i wanted a 92 but have since started looking at the polymer stuff.

Edited by NormShaver
Guest sling

Both feel pretty awesome and i debated on the 17 as well. However, the 17's grip is so freakin long. It wouldnt have been very practical for carry to me. I'm kinda of small framed. What is nice is it fits almost perfectly in the holster i made for my USP. Weird. I'll post a range report tomorrow.

Guest NormShaver

i look forward to what you think about the sights and if you think the night sights would really help that much on them.

Edited by NormShaver
spelling

I have a G19 and find it works for me. Simple & reliable. On night sights: I actually shoot better with the stock sights, but only during the day... Those big white dots work well for my tired old eyes, but good night sights are a must.

Congrats and welcome to Club Gaston. You'll find its a large group of people, many of which have no clue there is this thing called a 1911 out there...

Guest sling
I have a G19 and find it works for me. Simple & reliable. On night sights: I actually shoot better with the stock sights, but only during the day... Those big white dots work well for my tired old eyes, but good night sights are a must.

Congrats and welcome to Club Gaston. You'll find its a large group of people, many of which have no clue there is this thing called a 1911 out there...

Bah. I'm not a fan of the 1911 anyways. :-P

I was upset to find out that Guns and Leather moved all of their HK's to the "LE Only" display case.

Welcome to the Dark Side. Just kidding. I have had a G19 for about 12 years. On that

note I also have a HK P9. I have several SIG's. I believe they all have certain merits.

But the G19 goes with me more often than not. Have fun.

I was upset to find out that Guns and Leather moved all of their HK's to the "LE Only" display case.

I didn't know this. I have not been up there in a few weeks (fear of spending $).

Guest m4coyote

Congrats,

I also debated the G17 vs the G19, and finally settled upon the G19 because it just fit my hand better, and was more easily packable. The fact that the G19 will use the G17 & G18 mags does not hurt a thing either! Even though I own many other guns, I find myself drawn to Glocks because of their dependability, almost idiot proof simplicity, parts availability, and ultra tough finish.

Guest ColdEspresso
congrats on your purchase, i have been looking for a good 9mm range gun, and i can't stop looking at the g17 or g19 i thought i wanted a 92 but have since started looking at the polymer stuff.

I have a 92FS and a G19. While both are 9mm they have an entirely different feel. I love shooting the 92FS at the range but is a bear for CC. The G19 is also fun at the range but conceals much better. I think I shoot both well, but for accuracy, I think the Beretta has the edge.

Guest sling

I own Sigs and HK's... never thought of buying a Glock. They never fit my hand right but for whatever reason they do now. The Glock seems to be easier to conceal compared to my USP Compact but not as easy as my P7.

Though Guns and Leather DID have a G34 i was drooling over but didnt want to drop that much money on something i may end up (somehow) not liking.

“LE Only†is just a lame marketing tool. You aren’t saying they said you have to actually be a LEO to buy one are you?

My 19 is one of my favorite pistols. I own, and like all different kinds from "cheap" to "I can't believe I spent that on a gun", but the 19 seems to get shot more than any. It's a good little piece. Mine is all stock, but will probably add some better sights soon.

Guest sling
“LE Only” is just a lame marketing tool. You aren’t saying they said you have to actually be a LEO to buy one are you?

Yup, thats exactly what i'm saying. Well from that cabinet that is. I had originally gone in wanting a G26... the salesman said they sold their last one. We started talking about P7's and he said that they had a P7M13 he wanted to show me... i then see a G26 sitting in the cabinet for 425 brand spankin new. I asked about that one and then he asked if i was LE. Of course, i said no that will come next year. He prompty stated "sorry then."

Very dissappointing.

Guest canynracer
Unlike what most folks think about me, a Glock in 9mm is a good handgun for the proper purpose.

Awwwe...we love you Mars!!!

you are just a pain PITA sometimes....HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Guest sling

Took the glock out today for its "maiden shoot." It was freakin hot outside to the point where sweat would fog up my safety glasses. I loaded the magazine with 15 rounds that were freshly made this morning. (OMG reloads through a Glock!) Took aim and slowly squeezed the trigger at the orange circle at 15 yards Not sure. Blam! First shot is dead center. Blam! Second shot is barely even outlined as it passes through the same hole. All in all here is the end result after 30 rounds. Generic load of 4.3 gr of Red Dot and a Winchester 115 gr FMJ. Chrono'd at 1152 FPS. A real powder puff.

DSCN6747.jpg

I was impressed with the little tupperware gun i must say. Follow up shots were extremely easy. I like the slight take up involved in the trigger before it breaks. My only two gripes are this: I hate how the "safety" in the trigger digs into your finger and makes a blister after about 150 rounds. That sucker hurts. Last, the sights. The factory sights suck pretty much past 15 yards IMO. I will soon more than likely be replacing those things with Mepros. Carried it for a little while after coming from the range and it hides very well. The guy that said he hated glocks and would never own one... happens to love his glock and is glad he owns one.

Edited by sling
Didnt meant to type feet... corrected myself. o.O
Guest dwrd

I am going to give you hell at work for this one. Mr I hate Glocks buys a Glock. Wow. What made you end up with the Glock?

Guest sling

Well i did text you about it.... :-P

I did more number crunching and found that it would take too long to recouperate in ammo costs even with reloading .45 . That and .45's just dont do it for me.

That and it would be blasphemy on my part. I cant sin twice in a day. I'd already sinned and bought the glock...i'd go to hell if it were a .45 glock.:(