Indoor IDPA Nashville

[quote name='leftyk82' timestamp='1354980610' post='856879']
With respect, let's keep the topic to IDPA indoor. There is a long-existing thread about reloads at the NA
[/quote]I agree...sorry I brought up the issue.

I understand that people like to reload for a variety or reasons and - I was just thinking out loud as it seems to me the benefit of regular, indoor matches at a premier facility is worth a little bit of sacrifice to participate in even if one of the sacrifices is using factory ammo...I didn't mean to get anyone into an argument about it.
[quote name='MCFooter' timestamp='1354977325' post='856862']
I think NOT allowing lubed up cast lead reloads is an excellent idea. Who wants to RO behind that lube and lead smoke cloud inside a building anyway. The last major match I worked that was using part of a cowboy town roof damn near gave me lead poison or something. I hacked and coughed for a week afterward. If you can't spare a couple extra bucks for some clean factory ammo or reload some nice plated bullets you probably don't need to come out anyway.....
[/quote]
Woooowww!!!!! Ahhhh OK, I shoot mostly USPSA anyways ( was going to use this for practice). Edited by bulm540
Gotcha.

I didn't even think of the minor .40 problem you mentioned. There probably is no commercial minor .40 available. No handloads = no go. Not to drag out the handload issue, but when talking action pistol shooting, the two go hand-in-hand. Non-competitive shooter types just don't understand. Edited by deerslayer

Gotcha.

I didn't even think of the minor .40 problem you mentioned. There probably is no commercial minor .40 available. No handloads = no go. Not to drag out the handload issue, but when talking action pistol shooting, the two go hand-in-hand. Non-competitive shooter types just don't understand.

I don't think it's that's "non-competitive shooter types" don't understand...I think I understand but I'd probably classify myself as "non-competitive". I do IDPA because it's fun; I don't know that I'll ever be "competitive" unless my competition is all 90 year old grannies who have never fired a firearm before (even then, I'd probably do better on "time" more so than accuracy). ;)

The smoke you see when shooting lead is the lube on the bullet. Depending on how hot a powder you use is the amount of smoke. Theres more danger of lead poisoning in what you dont see then in what you do see. Id be concerened about a indoor range that didn't provide enough ventalation that would get rid of any smoke even if they were shooting lead. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hello guys...I'm the guy who is starting the new IDPA match at the Nashville Armory. I just moved here from Atlanta, where there are six indoor matches, one of which I was MD for. I'm pretty happy that NA came online just as I got here, since they're really the kind of facility we need to run a first-class IDPA match in the city.

We will be holding bi-weekly matches on Tuesdays at 7:00, with the new shooter briefing at 6:30. The first match will be on January 8th. All shooters who attend the inaugural match will need to arrive early for the briefing. In the meantime, please watch this New Shooter Briefing video, put together by my friends down in Georgia:
http://www.gadpa.com...ooter-briefing/

I will be posting updates and details on Nashville Armory's Facebook page, so stay tuned there. Any questions?

-David Park
A27648

Are we still thinking January 8th as the first Armory IDPA Match? Been dry-firing like crazy. Got my "new" K frame and it may even be ready to shoot by then! Just checkin in, happy holidays all...

Yes, January 8th will be the inaugural match.  Be there at 6:30 to watch their safety video, and please watch the one from GADPA that I posted earlier.  I have a K frame as well, so maybe I'll shoot SSR with you at some point.  I have a Model 19.  What are you shooting?

Itchy has the prices right. The shooter limit will be 30, but I won't have a limit the first couple of matches. The number of stages depends on the number of shooters. If we have 15, we'll get in four stages. If we have 25, we'll have three. If we max out at 30, we'll still try for three, but I'll have to simplify the stages.
The inaugural match is still set for January 8th!
Itchy has the prices right. The shooter limit will be 30, but I won't have a limit the first couple of matches. The number of stages depends on the number of shooters. If we have 15, we'll get in four stages. If we have 25, we'll have three. If we max out at 30, we'll still try for three, but I'll have to simplify the stages.
The inaugural match is still set for January 8th!

I have a question I hope you can help me with...

I've no idea how an indoor match will be set up but in the outdoor matches I've competed in, there is usually one or more instances that require the shooter to kneel, etc. For several years now, after an injury, I've had a week right knee and although I can get down and up, I have a lot of difficulty doing so. So, the group I shot with just decided to not require me to get down and then I took a penalty for it.

I'm wondering if we can do something similar for these matches?

It's a special concern for me at the moment because on New Year's day I slipped on a wet floor in the meat department of my local Kroger and sprained the same knee...I'm moving but a bit slowly compered to normal - however, I'm still hoping to be there and compete in the inaugural meet! :)

I'm not all that worried about scores or "wining"...I just enjoy the matches and I like, hopefully, getting better!

Since this is an IDPA event ran with IDPA rules, all clubs are required to follow the same rules (rule book or addendum) provided.

C. A Match Director may allow a handicapped or mobility-challenged shooter to take one or multiple PEs (at the MD’s discretion) rather than perform an act required by the CoF (kneeling, prone, etc.) as long as the shots can be taken safely without performing the said act. If the shots cannot be taken safely without performing the required act, then the competitor should receive a DNF for that stage and the stage scored according to the rules on page 46.

I do not think this will be a problem you will encounter at the indoor match.

Edited by HOGNUT
Since this is an IDPA event ran with IDPA rules, all clubs are required to follow the same rules (rule book or addendum) provided.

C. A Match Director may allow a handicapped or mobility-challenged shooter to take one or multiple PEs (at the MD’s discretion) rather than perform an act required by the CoF (kneeling, prone, etc.) as long as the shots can be taken safely without performing the said act. If the shots cannot be taken safely without performing the required act, then the competitor should receive a DNF for that stage and the stage scored according to the rules on page 46.

I do not think this will be a problem you will encounter at the indoor match.

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to the match even if I'm not competitive...of course...I'm use to not being competitive!

@DMark: Yes, Nashville Armory is a club.  The paperwork is in and the dues have been paid, but it hasn't been posted to the IDPA website yet.

@RobertNashville:  Don't worry about being/not being competitive.  We're all there to have fun, be safe and challenge each other to get better.  Oh, and to have Mexican food, margaritas and maybe a stogie or two afterwards...

As for taking the penalty for not kneeling, that's by the rules just as HOGNUT says, and that's the way I ran my match in Atlanta.  There was a gentleman down there who also had major knee issues, so I didn't do many kneeling stages.  On the few stages that did require it, the kneeling happened only at the end of the stage, so he wouldn't have to get up and still shoot.  Now, I can't eliminate kneeling or prone stages entirely, because that is a skill that shooters like to improve, and it does provide needed variety in stage design.

• Like 1