Indoor IDPA Nashville

You'll need to review the gear requirements in the IDPA rulebook, which can be found at www.idpa.com.  Make sure you bring a cover garment as well (a jacket, untucked shirt, photographer's vest, etc.).  The new shooters briefing this week will require all participants to watch the range's own safety video, since a lot of the shooters will likely be new to Nashville Armory.  Hope to see you there-

• Like 1
Guest sbcman

This is good stuff, exactly what I need as prep for the indoor nats. Little bit of a drive for me but I've never shot indoors and need the experience.

6:00pm start- right?

This is good stuff, exactly what I need as prep for the indoor nats. Little bit of a drive for me but I've never shot indoors and need the experience.

T.J. I think this will help a lot shooting indoors and If you got the red site I got a extra green if you need it.I can mail ya one Good luck at the S&W Nats.what is it about 6 weeks away?

Edited by Rickey

Yes, January 8th will be the inaugural match.  Be there at 6:30 to watch their safety video, and please watch the one from GADPA that I posted earlier.  I have a K frame as well, so maybe I'll shoot SSR with you at some point.  I have a Model 19.  What are you shooting?

6:30! 

Guest sbcman

T.J. I think this will help a lot shooting indoors and If you got the red site I got a extra green if you need it.I can mail ya one Good luck at the S&W Nats.what is it about 6 weeks away?

Thanks man. The nats is about 6 weeks out and I'm looking forward to it. I appreciate the fiber optic offer, but I've always ran a green F/O- I just seem to be able to pick it up quicker.   

6:30! 

Thanks! Lord willing, I'll be there.

Being my first event I'm fairly certain that I was terrible as the scoring goes, but I learned a lot in the process and had fun doing it so I look forward to next time. Great set of experienced shooters running the event that offered lots of good advice.

Thanks to all that helped put it on!

Erik

Edited by 2.ooohhh
  • Like 1
It was great to see everyone and meet all the new shooters. David had good stages that were fun to shoot. He worked hard and put a lot of planning into making it run smoothly. It looked like everyone had fun. Hope to see some of you at MCTS sometime.
Guest sbcman

Well worth the drive and time for me- great COFs for the venue and I had every question about indoor shooting answered. Big thanks to all that made this happen!

I thought it was cool that those guys came up from Atlanta to help get things rolling. Also cool to meet some new shooters and catch up with some I've shot with around.

Edited by sbcman

In the excitement of the night I forgot to mention the Dickson matches, and that is a big no-no in my book.  MCTS runs great matches out there, and I'll be happy to introduce HOGNUT next time he's at a NA match.

I can be there and help where needed but can never compete in the matches.  The TEAM MCTS and BOD are sponsored shooters of a bullet company and we are only allowed to shoot reloaded ammunition from our company for 2013 shooting season.

A little after 9:00. That's pretty much the goal, though we can go a little longer if we need to. That group size is pretty typical for indoor matches, but may grow some since this is the only match in town (for the time being). You should try it. There's no comparison between static shooting and this kind of match.
  • Like 1

Sounds like it was a good time, and there were more first-timers than I thought there would be! Will you still be doing this on a bi-monthly schedule, every other Tuesday? My new holsters are coming in this week and I will definitely be at the next one. 

PC7, I will email out the scores to everyone in a couple or three days.  It should go quicker the next time around.  Eventually I hope to have them on the Nashville Armory website.

Pat, the match will be on every other Tuesday.  If their business ever drops off, we may go to weekly, but I don't see that happening any time soon.  At least, not until there are 2 or 3 more really good ranges in the metro area.  See you on the 22nd!

Guest ArmoryInstructor

I thought that the IDPA shoot went great. It was nice to see everyone come out and support the sport of defensive shooting. I can help clear up one issue that has been commented on in several posts. Reloaded ammunition in not allowed at the Nashville Armory. They only check the rifle ammo because it is dangerous to the integrity of the range if steel core ammo is shot. You are on the honor system to not shoot reloaded ammunition on the range. The range rules clearly state no reloaded ammunition allowed.