Heller Decision

....... or donating the next time they send a card (probably daily).

:hijack:

I am a member, donate $20-$50 on a regular basis. But damn, do they have to send me donation request 2 times a week???? :D I was half tempted to write on the last one "Take me off your mailing list, use the money you'd save on printing, postage & handling as my donation. Email me next time you want money but please spread the request at least a month apart" :D

But then I remembered they are on my side...

Back to Heller-:rock::no1::hat::D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
This is awesome news! I love what Feinstein said about people being less safe because of this. Whatever.

They will be........if they are bad people!!! :D

Guest canynracer

So, is an Applebee's restaurant a "sensitive place"?

not in most states.....Nefiah is an ass...so to him maybe it is...

As an aside - this ruling shows how vitally important the upcoming presidential election is as Supreme Court appointments come from the executive branch. 5-4 is a narrow victory and could be side-lined later if we allow the Dems (specifically the gun-hater Obama) to take office...

• Administrator
I'm wondering how 4 on the Supreme Court could not understand, "The Right of the People......."

It's just indicative of the truth that SCOTUS Justices are appointed by the sitting President at the time. The sitting President almost always (has he ever not?) appoints someone who's beliefs mirror those of his own political party.

In other words, it's the Good Ole Boy System at the highest level. :(

Guest ProguninTN
It's just indicative of the truth that SCOTUS Justices are appointed by the sitting President at the time. The sitting President almost always (has he ever not?) appoints someone who's beliefs mirror those of his own political party.

In other words, it's the Good Ole Boy System at the highest level. :death:

True, but Congress does have to approve selections. Case in point- Robert Bork-rejected, Ruth Bader Ginsburg-approved. Keeping today's ruling in mind, I think most people can figure out with person I prefer on the court. :(

In other words, it's the Good Ole Boy System at the highest level. :(

John Paul Stevens was a Ford appointee. Anthony Kennedy was a Reagan appointee. David Souter was a George Bush appointee.

Similarly Earl Warren was appointed by Eisenhower, expecting him to be a conservative.

It doesn't always work out that way.

As far as orgs doing good: GOA seems to just ride on the NRA's coattails, until they get a chance to zing them for something. JPFO is a bunch of loudmouths who talk chiefly to themselves.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I'm tempted to celebrate by going out and buying a gun. But since I'm getting my driveway concreted today and paying off my mortgage next Tuesday I think I'll just pick up some ammo and head to the range this weekend.

I haven't the funds to buy a gun, but I am wearing my Peace Through Superior Firepower T-shirt today. It's a small gesture.

:thumb:

The only problem is that the DC Mayor and the Chief of Police both say that it will be illegal to own a semi-automatic or automatic firearm. So I guess you can only own revolvers.

There will be many more cases in the future now that the SCOTUS has ruled that the right is an individual right.

Guest db99wj
The only problem is that the DC Mayor and the Chief of Police both say that it will be illegal to own a semi-automatic or automatic firearm. So I guess you can only own revolvers.

There will be many more cases in the future now that the SCOTUS has ruled that the right is an individual right.

Well from what I have seen the DC mayor is as big of an idiot as the memphis Mayor....I heard an interview with him whining about this, like he has done anything to improve that city's crime problem.

Here is a link from the NRA about Chicago.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=11208

Well, based on the wording of the court's decision, they'll be back in court (and will lose) in short order.

Nope, those would be "reasonable restrictions"

That will be up to the courts to decide, but skimming the opinion, it certainly looks like 'reasonable restriction' are meant as registration of said firearms. In several places the point is made that commonly used firearms are protected. You'd have a very hard time arguing that semi-automatic pistols are not 'commonly used firearms'.

Guest clutepc

Don't know if you seen this but here is Chicago's mayor response..

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=46053@wbbm.dayport.com

I say just build a wall around the place and make it it's own country then it can be his way.

He must not read his city crime stats..

As far as Nefiah, I hate to say but I don't fully understand how his Term goes and him being elected but the vote will come up again one day and maybe we can be rid of him.

the decision said that scotus affirms the individual right to bear arms...so does this mean all the states have to change from may issue to shall issue?as for the dc mayor...I'm thinking this will be his last term..either the antis will find another poster child to spout their rhetoric or they will get rid of him because he was dumb enough to push the issue to the point of their failure..or the crime rate eventually goes down because folks become allowed to carry...ideas? rebuttals?

Guest NELSON

Daley is a jackass. Always has and always will be. The people that have mad comments agains the ruling are jackasses as well. One states that this ruling has no way of effecting Chicago laws because "they can do whatever they want". Glad I got out of Illinois.

The decision only addressed "home" carry and didn't address "public" carry so I would say that the issue of "shall carry" is one to be decided much later.

Don't know if you seen this but here is Chicago's mayor response..

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=46053@wbbm.dayport.com

I say just build a wall around the place and make it it's own country then it can be his way.

He must not read his city crime stats..

As far as Nefiah, I hate to say but I don't fully understand how his Term goes and him being elected but the vote will come up again one day and maybe we can be rid of him.

I know it's a cheesy movie but I'm thinking Escape from New York/LA has some good thinking. Maybe we could add Chicago and DC to that since the taxpayers won't have to transport the prisoners too far. Especially in light of the ever narrowing death penalty decisions.

Nope, those would be "reasonable restrictions"

No, they aren't.

It gets back to Scalia's comment about if you ban newspapers but allow magazines. No one would agree that it isn't an unreasonable infringement.

Of course, I dont personally see the problem with banning everything but revolvers.:(

Guest HexHead
What is scary.... wasnt Kennedy the "swing vote" ???

From his questions and comments during the oral arguments, I figured he was a sure thing all along.

Some of the justices apparently have no concept of history and do see themselves as ultimate legislators.

And there in lies the eventual demise of all of our so called rights and freedoms. Something must change but I am really afraid the only way that will happen is for things to get worse. Much worse.