Look who owns a gun

Guest CCI

I hope I haven't reposted old news! I never would have thought Trump would own a gun, plus he has a CCW permit!
Donald Trump will admit that he has a concealed carry permit in New York City, but he doesn’t like to go into detail bout what guns he owns. Until now.
This is a new feature exploring the firearms owned by high-profile individuals. [url="http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/oct/30/miller-paul-ryans-guns/"]Click here to read the first in the series[/url] on Rep. Paul Ryan, the 2012 Republican vice presidential candidate.
I interviewed the real estate mogul in Florida during the Republican convention in late August and asked him about his gun ownership. “I have a carry permit - I’ve said that publicly,” he told me. “I own a couple of different guns, but I don’t talk about it.”
I mentioned that I bought a Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm last February. The billionaire's director of security, Keith Schiller, who was protecting him on the trip, said that he also owned a Sig. We discussed the function and fit and styles. The gun owners’ friendly conversation seemed to give Mr .Trump the comfort to give out details on his gun collection.
The star of “Celebrity Apprentice” said he owns a “H&K .45 and a .38 Smith & Wesson.”
Asked about the gun-control measures being pushed by people like New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, Mr. Trump said that, “The way I view it, if nobody has guns, then only the bad guys have them. And they aren't giving up their guns.”
I mentioned the dangers of gun-free zones like Washington, D.C. and, largely, Manhattan because of all the red tape it takes to exercise the right to bear arms.
Mr. Trump said an example of this was seen in the Aurora, Colo. shooting. “If some of the people in the movie theater had a gun, they'd have been shooting at him. Nobody had a gun so they were totally defenseless.”
The Donald is a true Second Amendment enthusiast.
[url="http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/nov/14/miller-donald-trumps-guns/"]http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/nov/14/miller-donald-trumps-guns/[/url]
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“The way I view it, if nobody has guns, then only the bad guys have them. And they aren't giving up their guns.”

But if guns are illegal the bad guys will be breaking the law :shake: that is the general thought behind the anti's.

Another good one is

"Police are there to protect us....it's ok if they carry guns."

But the police do not carry guns to protect innocent civilians. They carry to protect themselves.

I'm glad someone in the national light is standing up for the 2nd Amendment instead of bashing it. I mean there are just as many crimes, if not more, committed with a knife but there is no restrictions on them. Yay for Donald Trump. Also Whoopi Goldberg recently admitted she carries.

Guest TankerHC
Howard Stern, anti gun, also one of the "Anointed Ones" of the City of New York. I listen to him on Sirius, (yea, I think the show is funny), but he is always talking about banning Assault Weapons (You know, other peoples guns) while at the same time he holds one of the few CCW's in New York City and just said this week he has two guns and needs to get to the firing range.

Others who are anti guns but are CCW holders and gun owners:
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Was pro gun until elected to his first term as Governor, then went Anti gun)
Harvey Keitel
Sean Penn
Robert Di Niro
Brad Pitt (Might as throw the wife Jolie in there too, she gets protection from Pitts CCW and I watched an interview where she said she likes to take live fire training on the guns she is going to use in the movies before they film, yet she is anti gun)

Anyway, there are a thousand of them. But I can see where they stand, being special people, American Royalty, above everyone else.
Guest TankerHC
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1354767496' post='855591']
Not to step on toes here but I am going to question the Jolie mention. Everything I have ever seen about her on the subject pointed to her being pro gun. What is your source for this data on the listed celebs?
[/quote]

Holy smoke yea I stand corrected on Jolie, that was based on an interview I read from 2 or 3 years ago that had her on a list of donors to Anti Gun Groups. Just looked and see that not only is she AND Pitt big pro gun people but donated $400,000 to have a range built. The others, I stand firm on, they are all over the web (Along with a bunch of other Actors) as Anti Gun from 2A Organizations.
Guest TankerHC
[quote name='TankerHC' timestamp='1354767870' post='855592']
Holy smoke yea I stand corrected on Jolie, that was based on an interview I read from 2 or 3 years ago that had her on a list of donors to Anti Gun Groups. Just looked and see that not only is she AND Pitt big pro gun people but donated $400,000 to have a range built. The others, I stand firm on, they are all over the web (Along with a bunch of other Actors) as Anti Gun from 2A Organizations.
[/quote]

Just read they even built their kids a Paintball range so they could get them into shooting sports early.
[quote name='TankerHC' timestamp='1354767870' post='855592']
[/quote]You're thinking of Mila Kunis. Loves to shoot guns but is as anti as they come.

3:50 mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22rEg0OJa60 Edited by strickj
Ah Mila, blessed with a double dose of good looks but when God was handing out brains she thought he said trains and said "no thanks, I've already got a set".

It's unfortunate, there are more than a few pro2A celebs out there but they tend to stay quiet on the matter. Sure wish their anti counter parts would take a page out of their book.
Guest TankerHC
Pretty good list here. First the Anti-Gun/2A

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]1. Shania Twain: She signed the Handgun Control bill in Canada.[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]2. Kevin Bacon: He's contributed to anti-gun organizations.[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]3. Matt Damon: “I actually hate guns. They freak me out."[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]4. Mark Wahlberg: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.” But his anti-gun attitude didn’t stop there. “Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]5. Danny DeVito: He's let anti-gun organizations use his name.[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]6. Sean Connery: “It is said that a total ban on handguns, including .22s, would take away innocent pleasure from thousands of people. Is that more or less pleasure than watching your child grow up?”[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]7. Arnold Schwarzenegger: “I’m for gun control. I’m a peace-loving guy.”[/size][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]8. Sylvester Stallone: “Until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you’re gonna have. It’s pathetic. It really is pathetic. It’s sad. We’re living in the Dark Ages over there.”[/size][/font]

Now Pro Gun/2A
[b][font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3] [/size][/font][/b]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]1. James Earl Jones: "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]2. Robert Heinlein: "An armed society is a polite society.", "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]3. Johnny Depp: "We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns... When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren't shooting at humans... we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]4. Dalai Lama: "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]5. Larry Elder: "A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]6. Christian Slater: "It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]7. Charlie Daniels: "Now they’re tryin’ to take my guns away. And that would be just fine. If you take ‘em away from the criminals first I’d gladly give you mine"[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]8. Tom Selleck: NRA board member and lifelong supporter.[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]9. Ted Nugent: No need for any clarification or proof here. [/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]10. Roger E. Mosley: Friends with Tom Selleck and longtime gun supporter.[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]11. Bruce Willis: "If you take guns away from legal gun owners then the only people who would have guns would be the bad guys."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]12: Chuck Norris: No need for an clarification here either. If you don't know who good ole Chuck is, that's a shame.[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]13: Gerald McRaney: Lifelong hunter and gun supporter.[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]14. Brad Pitt: "Like most Americans, I’ve grown up with them. Guns are part of our culture, our way of life. It was my dad who first showed me a gun and how to take aim. He also taught me never to point a gun at anyone."[/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]15: Angelina Jolie: "If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them." "There's a side to me that people know is humanitarian, and there's a side to me that's a mommy. But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns." [/size][/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=3]16: Jonathan Davis from Korn: "I'm a gun-freak and a die-hard Republican." Need any more proof, there?" Jonathan Davis on Obama. “He’s basically dragged this country down into the worst it’s ever been." “Like I say about the White House, ‘You’ve built this house of shame.’ Everybody looked up at the White House and America, and now I think it’s like a house of shame. I miss the old days when people were proud to be American.”[/size][/font]
[quote name='TankerHC' timestamp='1354776385' post='855629']
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]5. Larry Elder: "A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."[/size][/font]
[color=#0000cd][font=georgia, serif]Well said, and funny too.[/font][/color]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]12: Chuck Norris: No need for an clarification here either. If you don't know who good ole Chuck is, that's a shame.[/size][/font]
[color=#0000cd][font=georgia, serif]If you don't know who good ole Chuck is, please return to your home planet.[/font][/color]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]15: Angelina Jolie: "But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns."[/size][/font]
[color=#0000cd][font=georgia, serif]Thank you for that mental image. Who could ask for more? [/font][/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='TankerHC' timestamp='1354776385' post='855629']
Now Pro Gun/2A

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]13: Gerald McRaney: Lifelong hunter and gun supporter.[/size][/font]

[/quote]

...and his Simon & Simon costar, Jamison Parker, is a self-defense advocate and gun writer. This following a near fatal event with a neighbor a few years ago.

(edit punctuation) Edited by ttocswob
[quote name='TankerHC' timestamp='1354765944' post='855583']
Howard Stern, anti gun, also one of the "Anointed Ones" of the City of New York. I listen to him on Sirius, (yea, I think the show is funny), but he is always talking about banning Assault Weapons (You know, other peoples guns) while at the same time he holds one of the few CCW's in New York City and just said this week he has two guns and needs to get to the firing range.

Others who are anti guns but are CCW holders and gun owners:
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Was pro gun until elected to his first term as Governor, then went Anti gun)
Harvey Keitel
Sean Penn
Robert Di Niro
Brad Pitt (Might as throw the wife Jolie in there too, she gets protection from Pitts CCW and I watched an interview where she said she likes to take live fire training on the guns she is going to use in the movies before they film, yet she is anti gun)

Anyway, there are a thousand of them. But I can see where they stand, being special people, American Royalty, above everyone else.
[/quote]
Robin Scherbatsky-How I Met Your Mother- very pro gun!