Obama's reaction to the CT tragedy

I only saw a bit on the news of obama.  He appeared genuine to me.  I don't know how a parent could speak about it and not be somewhat emotional.  I know I could not wait to get home last night and hug my grandkids a little bit.  One a five year old in kindergarten.  I am pretty sure my eyes watered even if I did not have to wipe the tears away.

He is damned no matter what on this.  If talks about it he is making politcal hay, if he had ignored it he would be criticized for that.

A push for gun control is coming, this event does not effect that.  It was going to happen anyway.

I saw it, and thought it was genuine too. With that said, now he's off to apply the wrong solutions, and a lot of them. My deep dislike for the guy lies in his incompetence.

• Like 1
As I watched it all I could think was ...."why is he pretending to cry?" Guess I wasn't the only one who questioned/wondered that.

I am not outraged by the President faking some emotion while addressing a tragic issue like this but you'd think he could have managed to shed a couple of real tears while giving his little speach instead of just pretending too.
Guest fauklin
[quote name='RichardR' timestamp='1355608190' post='860881']As I watched it all I could think was ...."why is he pretending to cry?" Guess I wasn't the only one who questioned/wondered that. I am not outraged by the President faking some emotion while addressing a tragic issue like this but you'd think he could have managed to shed a couple of real tears while giving his little speach instead of just pretending too.[/quote] He was trying. Rubbing them and blinking almost constantly to try and bring on the waterworks. He managed to coax a couple out. I watched it last night more than once to decide whether or not he was being genuine. I don't believe he was. Bionic Post

I'd like to clarify that my heart goes out to those directly affected by this tragedy and that although I usually can be somewhat heartless even I was more than shook up by this. As I said originally I was not trying to bring up any political issues about how stricter gun control is not the answer, about what Obama will do or any of that nonsense. I posted it in the political issues forum because it had to do with the president. After his addressing the issue I was incredibly shocked to see what seemed to me as him faking emotion and robotically reading from cue cards with less emotion then he has shown anytime he's blasted Congress for not passing some bill of his, or that he showed during the debates. I was merely curious as to whether or not I was mistakenly percieving this or it seemed to others to be happening as well.

• Like 2

It's all the fault of those damn black rifles and their high - capacity magazines...you know...the one he left in the trunk of the car. We must ban them. (sarcasm intended) 

??

Lanza had the Bushmaster inside, man. ME  said yesterday that everyone they had completed autopsy on was killed with the Bushie, except they wouldn't say about Lanza himself or his mom (unless that's out now, haven't been tuned in for awhile).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot