Anyone watching Obama speak?

Erik88

I really didn't see his statements as being all that political. He is the leader of a country that is frustrated and looking for answers. He says he will look into ways to keep this kind of thing from happening and that is exactly what a lot of Americans want done.

My thoughts exactly.
Had Romney been elected, he would have given the same speech. Nobody would have read into it as gun control but he would have spoken anyway.

If Obama had not given a speech, you guys would be bitching about how he's not involved and doesn't care. Take off your filters once in a while. You're the ones politicizing the issue.

Seems that model wouldn't be targeted .. except for dem nasty 13 round "clips".

- OS

I know, but I read an article his morning where they were whining about Glocks and how they are used by law enforcement, FBI and the military because of how deadly and accurate they are. They also cried about how the shooters at most of the massacres used Glocks because of the soft trigger and how easy it is to reload. If this thing happens they may try to ban all semi-autos. I'm a simple man. If there are two things that I need it's macaroni and Glocks.
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly.
Had Romney been elected, he would have given the same speech. Nobody would have read into it as gun control but he would have spoken anyway.

If Obama had not given a speech, you guys would be bitching about how he's not involved and doesn't care. Take off your filters once in a while. You're the ones politicizing the issue.

That's not the President's role: to be the country's elder. He shouldn't gotten involved with the cop in Boston(racial

slap) and he shouldn't have done this, either. It shows an extreme lack of character, which he is consistent on. If he

did this, what is the degree to which he should do this in other events. This isn't a national event, except by the media.

It is not an aggression against our border, and it is just not something the federal government needs to interfere,

except by political agenda.

This is something that should been done in private. It is a sad day when we have to publicize to the nation everyone's

grief for all the curious, slow down at the wreck types.

And you sure as Hell don't go and try to make law based on all the emotion, which is the only reason he did this.

Country elder, my ass!

That's not the President's role...

Maybe not...but the bias in these replies is disheartening. Fact is, none of you would have said its not the president's role, had it been Romney. You'd be talking about what a stand-up guy he is. AND, fact is, if Obama had said nothing, there would be a thread asking why the president hasn't responded.

Maybe not...but the bias in these replies is disheartening. Fact is, none of you would have said its not the president's role, had it been Romney. You'd be talking about what a stand-up guy he is. AND, fact is, if Obama had said nothing, there would be a thread asking why the president hasn't responded.

I agree. Kennedy started this and now the general public expects it. Necessary? Who is to say.

And if Romney had won and someone was giving him a hard time, you wouldn't be trying to defend whatever crap he said...and if he won and actually tried to put through some solutions that might actually work (arming teachers), you would be saying how unrealistic that is...if...if...if

The "if" game is a weak arguing postition and really unnecessary.  And biasisly pointing out bias doesn't make much sense.  Kind of like the non-conformists (conforming to nonconformism) or the post modernist "you can't know anything" (how do they know that).

Really though, if Romney had said the same thing as Obama, I would have been worried (although not to the same degree). 

Not trying to be "too" much of a jerk.  Just trying to point out that all this, "you guys are just a bunch of poo poo heads" talk really isn't going anywhere.

And if Romney had won and someone was giving him a hard time, you wouldn't be trying to defend whatever crap he said...and if he won and actually tried to put through some solutions that might actually work (arming teachers), you would be saying how unrealistic that is...if...if...if

The "if" game is a weak arguing postition and really unnecessary.  And biasisly pointing out bias doesn't make much sense.  Kind of like the non-conformists (conforming to nonconformism) or the post modernist "you can't know anything" (how do they know that).

Really though, if Romney had said the same thing as Obama, I would have been worried (although not to the same degree). 

Not trying to be "too" much of a jerk.  Just trying to point out that all this, "you guys are just a bunch of poo poo heads" talk really isn't going anywhere.

What ever makes you happy, hoss.

And if Romney had won and someone was giving him a hard time, you wouldn't be trying to defend whatever crap he said...

I'm sure some of us wouldn't care either way. It's a tragedy. I'll not focus on every individual tear, sniffle or show of emotion the President makes looking for something more sinister. If I had a nation looking towards me to speak about the horror that occurred I wouldn't be composed. I can't even talk to my spouse about it. I can't even look at the pictures of those kids.

I don't really think it matters who is wanting more gun control, It would not make this crowd happy, whether Obama or Romney.  It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

I don't really think it matters who is wanting more gun control, It would not make this crowd happy, whether Obama or Romney.  It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

I'm not how sure how to make this more clear...

I am not saying Romney would call for gun control. I'm saying he would have given a speech to the nation about the tragedy. I didn't hear Obama call for gun control during that speech (I could very well have missed it) and I didn't think it was inappropriate for him to address the nation...nor would I have if it had been Romney. All of a sudden I'm an Obama apologist because I don't join the circle jerk.

Hey, address me if you wish to say I would have or wouldn't have said what, okay? Look back in my posts. I think you will find a good bit of consistency going on. To make a statement like that is more than disingenuous. It's false. Compare how G.W.Bush handled things like this to our present occupier. Hell, go back to Reagan. He hand wrote letters to fallen soldiers' families and did the same to other tragic victims. This one has a form letter and a crayon compared to them. And the others displayed a good moral character when they did do speeches, rather than make something like this into a political event.

You can say I'm partisan and I'll agree with you, but that's it.

And, yes I would have criticized Romney if he had done that. The difference is, he wouldn't have.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I'm not how sure how to make this more clear...

I am not saying Romney would call for gun control. I'm saying he would have given a speech to the nation about the tragedy. I didn't hear Obama call for gun control during that speech (I could very well have missed it) and I didn't think it was inappropriate for him to address the nation...nor would I have if it had been Romney. All of a sudden I'm an Obama apologist because I don't join the circle jerk.

Of course, if you're not against Obama, you must be for him... Duh!

/sarcasm
Hey, address me if you wish to say I would have or wouldn't have said what, okay? Look back in my posts. I think you will find a good bit of consistency going on. To make a statement like that is more than disingenuous. It's false. Compare how G.W.Bush handled things like this to our present occupier. Hell, go back to Reagan. He hand wrote letters to fallen soldiers' families and did the same to other tragic victims. This one has a form letter and a crayon compared to them. And the others displayed a good moral character when they did do speeches, rather than make something like this into a political event.

You can say I'm partisan and I'll agree with you, but that's it.

And, yes I would have criticized Romney if he had done that. The difference is, he wouldn't have.
You're right. I made a blanket statement and I was wrong to do so. I don't agree about Romney but it doesn't really matter.

I've liked a lot of your posts, 6.8. Not because I always agree but because they are often thought provoking.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="6.8 AR" data-cid="862839" data-time="1355868334"><p>
I appreciate it, but this ain't a popularity contest, just my opinions.</p></blockquote>

I don't think anyone will go so far as to call you popular. ;)