Be the lord of your hood!

I picked this off another board:

Pawn shop aficionados: Look and be amazed!

Stopped in at a pawn shop near downtown Phoenix today. Look at what I saw...

A Glock 27 marked down from $850 to $750!

pawn1.jpg

An FNP-9! Was $735. Now... $735!

pawn2.jpg

And the Coup de grâce! This sign sat next to a gold plated AK priced at $3500.

pawn3.jpg

I was stopped from taking any more pics before I could get a pic of the AK. You can kind of see the corner of the mag in the lower left. Here is a close approximation. Just imagine this one with a standard stock.

gold%20ak-47.jpg

So there's that. Pawn shops are great, eh? rolleyes.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JavaGuy

Yep, the last time I went into a pawn shop, I noticed that they were extremely proud of their weapons. All the prices seemed to be on a par with the new weapon prices at Bass Pro or Academy Sports.

The tag on the AK says 22k gold,but I think it looks like a nickel.Maybe the pawn shop owner not only knows what good prices are but also doesn't know theres a gold`ish tint in nickel

I want one.

You dont need to go to pawn shops to find over priced merchandise....

No! They can just come see you :shrug:

That's illin'.

Am I wrong or weren't pawn shops good places to go fo yo gats about 10-15 years ago or more? I got both my SA 1911 and S&W 28 from pawners - used but very good condition and very reasonbly priced (over 10 years ago). I quit going into the places 'cause all they have is over-priced junk.

:P:bowrofl:

Agreed...I have seen more than one simply fall apart at the range. Sights fly off, magazines drop, slides that are so ill fitted that they overshoot their tracks.

Not to say that there aren't any that serve their purpose well, but I can't see how they have survived legally as a company for as long as they have. Would I bet my life on one? Heck I wouldn't bet my PB&J on one. Beating a dead horse now...but if someone gave one to me I would probably cut it up.

You can do alright at pawn shops but you have to look around at a bunch of them.

I have seen great deals sitting right next to rip offs in them places. You just have to be patient and be prepared to go to as many as you can. No telling what you might find.

Guest grimel
You can do alright at pawn shops but you have to look around at a bunch of them.

I have seen great deals sitting right next to rip offs in them places. You just have to be patient and be prepared to go to as many as you can. No telling what you might find.

Exactly. Atomic Pawn or whatever it's called these days here in O.R. had a Win 94 marked at $170 with very light specs of rust and a SKS at $200 both parked next to a Marlin 30-30 which looked like it had been drug behind a truck at $375. I left with the SKS and Win94 for under $360 OTD. Took me at least 5 minutes with an oily rag to remove the rust specs on the Win.

Guest Grout

+2,I have found some steals and some way over priced.Look around and know what you are looking for and at.

I walked out of pawn shop over on Broadway here in Knoxville with an 870 cut down to 18 1/2 and 7 shot mag extension for under $190. I also picked up a scoped Marlin 30/30 up once for $160. It was in pretty darned good shape too. There are deals out there, you just got to look around a bit.