ruger lcp

Guest roamer

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow12

Phantom6 ordered some yesterday, gonna take about 2 weeks to get them. I guess they are out of stock everywhere. If you want one from him, better get your name on the list.

Guest cartophilis

Whats the hold up on these LCP's? I saw one at the gun show yesturday that was marked "for display only".

Is ruger that behind or is there a problem with them?

Carto---

Guest cartophilis

I know of 10 people in my town who are waiting on them. Ive been to 8 or so gunshops in the last few weeks and have found none. Its kinda suspecious to me. Has anyone had problems with them?

Carto -- OUT

Guest Grout

Good old supply and demand.Right now the supply cannot keep up with the demand.Give it time.I remember when the Beretta TomCats first came out,same thing.

Guest Natosha

Well I am fine with waiting. My husband picked up the Ruger SR9 and it is on recall. I would rather wait until a few batches go out to make sure all the bugs are worked out. I really do want one though. :P

Since they have been relaesed I have begged borrowed and stole to get a dozen or so of them. I have sold every one I have gotten the same day I received it.... they are the hottest gun in the industry right now and are well worth it. As of yesterday I have about 950 thru mine without any probelm at all..... perfect!

I purchased two LCPs from a place in Rhode Island. They had 5 on-hand when I called - http://www.dlshootingsupplies.com/index.htm. My FFL asked who's butt they kissed to get that many... One was for my wife but she doesn't like it. I have one available that has roughly 50 rounds through it if anyone is interested.

Here are couple of issues I have noticed...

If you have long fingers you may have trouble making the gun go "bang". It has a very long trigger pull and long fingers seem to stop the motion by hitting the receiver during the pull. My short digits had no problem and I could put the rounds where I wanted them at the 5' to 7' range where this gun will be used.

It jumps around in your hand and you need a very tight grip. My wife just couldn't get it to set still for her.

We're getting about 4 or 5 a week and so far we haven't seen any problems with them except for one of the very first ones we sold had a small burr on the chamber which was addressed quite easily.

Guest Phantom6
Good advice is to wait on the lcp till the bugs are worked out and the price comes down.

Waiting for the price to come down? Heck we sell 'em for $315 and haven't had a complaint on the price yet. Some shops sell 'em for MSRP+ but that's just plain TACKY.

Guest janwbrown616

They had a few at the gun show in East Ridge a few weeks ago. Wanted 379.00 for them....

I'm on two waiting list. Bentons has had a few ($300.00), but not enough.

Just waiting.....

Guest janwbrown616

Nope, I'd probably go 300.00, but I'm not that big a hurry...

After the flurry goes by, they'll be on the market. I"ll stick with my PPK until then.

Would not get rid of the PPK, but I"d like to have something small just to put in the pocket on occasion. Kel Tec is OK, but I think the re-sale on the Ruger would be better.

Whats the hold up on these LCP's? I saw one at the gun show yesturday that was marked "for display only".

Is ruger that behind or is there a problem with them?

Carto---

The "hold up" is the fact that Ruger introduced the LCP at SHOT 08 in Vegas last Feb. and by the second day of the show, had orders in hand that were 3 times their estimated production for the first year.

Its a nice little gun that will be on allocation from distributors to dealers for the next few years.

Nope, I'd probably go 300.00, but I'm not that big a hurry...

After the flurry goes by, they'll be on the market. I"ll stick with my PPK until then.

Would not get rid of the PPK, but I"d like to have something small just to put in the pocket on occasion. Kel Tec is OK, but I think the re-sale on the Ruger would be better.

Depends. Apparently Rugers don't like Gold Dots. That's a minus. I'd have to rate the Ruger and Kel-Tec as about the same. The Ruger seems to have a little more style and of course a "name" if that matters to someone, but I buy guns based on performance, design, and usability. I wouldn't pay a premium for the name.