Ammo in Chattanooga

Guest RevScottie

Patton if you didn't know when the stock was coming in how would it change your behavior? Would you stand in line every morning just in case something showed up or would you go back to a more normal buying pattern?

Patton if you didn't know when the stock was coming in how would it change your behavior? Would you stand in line every morning just in case something showed up or would you go back to a more normal buying pattern?

I was desperate enough for the 9mm that I thought I would give it a try standing in line to see of the 9mm came in. If I was desperate enough I would camp out there and quit my job. I went there today and people had been standing in line for hours waiting to see of it would be put out.
Here is the deal, they sell it as soon as it comes in. If it comes in after closing on Sunday do you really expect them to wait until the following Saturday to put it out? This week ammo was available at 1145 AM on a Tuesday. What do you want them to do? I can't help it if you have established a job where you have to work a certain time and can't make hunting ammo a priority.

I had the exact opposite talk on the Walmart thread about some friends I have in management that put out 3 random boxes when no one is looking. Someone complained about that method. What the hell do you want people to do?
Guest RevScottie
Just asking a simple question Patton...not all retailers immediately put stock out as soon as it arrives and they certainly don't tell customers their truck schedule and have them waiting for it. I don't expect them to hold it for a week but I really am tiring of retailers enabling the resellers by giving them a heads up as to when trucks come. If retailers would simply say "we get multiple trucks at random times and stock shelves throughout the week so you'll just have to check back" it would benefit more customers.

Maybe I'll have to hire me an ammo hit man to go around and buy up ammo for me for a percentage in profit :)

Just asking a simple question Patton...not all retailers immediately put stock out as soon as it arrives and they certainly don't tell customers their truck schedule and have them waiting for it. I don't expect them to hold it for a week but I really am tiring of retailers enabling the resellers by giving them a heads up as to when trucks come. If retailers would simply say "we get multiple trucks at random times and stock shelves throughout the week so you'll just have to check back" it would benefit more customers.

Maybe I'll have to hire me an ammo hit man to go around and buy up ammo for me for a percentage in profit :)

Thats pretty much what some gun stores are doing... they are in bed with the bastards who buy it from the back room of Walmart.... I don't want all the ammo to myself, I just want us people who shoot to spread the love around. I agree.... stop telling the resellers( wholesalers by this point) when the trucks arrive.

Guest Anonymous86
This is why we have limited the number of boxes of ammo an individual customer can purchase per day. I'm sorry anyone has been inconvenienced by the limited ammo the store I'm employed at receives, but with us limiting ammo purchases per customer it enables a larger number of customers to at least have a shot at purchasing what they need and at least attempts to be a deterrent to scalpers and keep them at bay. We always welcome comments from our appreciated customers on how to improve our business. Afterall it is our customers who keep our bills paid and food on our tables. Thank you all for supporting our business and taking care of our families.
You guys are cracking me up. Free enterprise and of we don't like it time to roll to China. Some of you are getting dangerously close to sounding like the enemy. There should be a limit, or they shouldn't do this or sell that......you see things change when we don't get what we want.

I'm as frustrated as the next person but whining about store policy is BS. I respect the people that built their stores and whatever policy is fine with me. I may not like it and I may piss and moan when I don't get what I want but it is what it is.
  • Like 1
So you don't want to know when a truck is coming in? That makes absolutely no sense. I understand resellers are knowing when it is comIng in but how do they have anymore of an advantage than you? You know everything they know. Quit taking your frustrations out on buisness'.
I happen to know of a store that has had 22lr on the shelf almost this entire shortage. It isn't even that overpriced. I don't need it,so I am not going to buy it. How is this? You go find it. How fare is that?
I wanted 9mm bad enough that I was going to sell my 9mm's and go all 40 if I could not find 9mm this week. I was more determined than others to find it. If you were determined you would have found a way to be there also. As for the resellers I am sure there were some in line but stop buying their crap and buy it before they do. Edited by Patton
  • Like 2

I was in SW today at 7 pm. They had received about 400 guns today, about 40 AR types. Ther were 4 AR's still left, 2 of them DPMS RFA3-TAC2. One of them came home with me and a guy standing next to me bought the other. Someone else was buying one of the others and I'm certain the last one was gone before they closed.

They had ammo at the service desk. I got a 100 pack of American Eagle .45 acp. I'm pretty sure they had .40's and maybe 9's.

I did see 2 guys each buying 3 boxes of 50 BMG. Don't know what the price was, but I bet was $60 plus.

I think Sportsmans Warehouse handles the inventory situation about as well as anyone could.

Guest RevScottie

You guys are cracking me up. Free enterprise and of we don't like it time to roll to China. Some of you are getting dangerously close to sounding like the enemy. There should be a limit, or they shouldn't do this or sell that......you see things change when we don't get what we want. I'm as frustrated as the next person but whining about store policy is BS. I respect the people that built their stores and whatever policy is fine with me. I may not like it and I may piss and moan when I don't get what I want but it is what it is.

It's not BS when you look at it from a marketing standpoint. A lot of these customers who camp out will never buy anything else from these retailers because they are treating the retailer like a warehouse wholesaler. They are buying a narrow range of products in as large a quantity as allowed with the intent of reselling it. The average customer might come in for ammo but also buys clothing, knives, beef jerky,guns, etc.

I applaud the stores for setting limits but I still believe they could be doing more to discourage the resellers. Since the local retailers started revealing their delivery times the ammo supply has become even more scarce for the average customer and that's a fact.

I was at the SW parking lot today around noon to meet someone for an unrelated reason and I saw all the cars in the parking lot. I asked him what it was about he said "the truck came in, there's 100 people in line". I went inside and sure enough there were about 20 people left in line. I went to the back and picked up a jar of pyrodex, came back up and asked for 9, 40, 45 and 223 and they had all of it still. tons of 40 actually. I'm sure there was plenty left at whatever time the good RevScottie gets off work. Just try your luck i guess.

It's not BS when you look at it from a marketing standpoint. A lot of these customers who camp out will never buy anything else from these retailers because they are treating the retailer like a warehouse wholesaler. They are buying a narrow range of products in as large a quantity as allowed with the intent of reselling it. The average customer might come in for ammo but also buys clothing, knives, beef jerky,guns, etc.

I applaud the stores for setting limits but I still believe they could be doing more to discourage the resellers. Since the local retailers started revealing their delivery times the ammo supply has become even more scarce for the average customer and that's a fact.

I agree with some of your ideas and I have my own ideas which i have expressed numerous times on this forums.  However they are MY ideas and not the owner/managers of the store which have every right to do as they please.  Bottom line is we get pissed when things dont go our way and we dont recieve what we think we should.  Its not our call to dictate how someone operates their business.  If you dont like it then shope somewhere else.  I highly doubt too many people are going to boycott Walmart or other stores because they didnt get their share of what they feel is "owed" to them. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BCR#1

Well, it doesn't look like the $10.00 a box BB 9x18 will be at the creek next week. I can always hope for some kind of ammo deals but I ain't holding my breath. I'll probably bring home most of the cash I'm taking with me.

Maybe I'll sell the Chinese AKM I'm taking with me.

Bill

Spartsmans has everything as of 2pm on April 9th except 22. A $200 10/22 and a AR for $899 was hard to walk away from.

I wish they would come down on those 1000 round boxes of m80 :/

I was there around 11-11:30 and they had 12-14 Bushmasters and 1 DPMS.  I think we have reached the point where people are not fighting the campers anymore and now people who are buying for them selves are starting to get ARs at reasonable prices.  I wonder how long it will be until you see ammo on the shelves and not at customer service.

Snagged the last box of 1000rnds of 9mm this morning at SW! I assure you this will be shot and not resold. Feels good to finally get lucky!

edit* oh yeah i forgot to mention they had a lot of ammo in, everything but 22lr!

Edited by reed1285

Snagged the last box of 1000rnds of 9mm this morning at SW! I assure you this will be shot and not resold. Feels good to finally get lucky!

edit* oh yeah i forgot to mention they had a lot of ammo in, everything but 22lr!

How much was the 1000 rounds and what kind?