Ammo in Chattanooga

Just a heads up to my fellow Chattanoogans. Was in Sportsmans today and they had 40 s&w. They had 45acp, 380 and a few other calibers. they are now keeping all the popular ammo behind the counter so you have to ask for it. Still no 9mm or 22lr though.

Also I was pleasantly surprised when I went in Shooters Depot off Shallowford Rd. They had quite a bit of ammo, in all calibers, at reasonable prices, inflated a little but not as much as alot of places right now. I gave $17 for a box of 50 PMC 9MM. I went and spent about 30-45 mns on the range and when I came back out they had sold about 5 more boxes, so its going quick but they had a pretty good stack.

• Like 1
I saw a guy walking out of SW Sunday with 2 500rd boxes of Federal .22 in a bag,went inside and could not find any on the shelf,guess it was behind the counter.Quick Cash Pawn on Rossville Blvd has 20rd boxes of Federal.223 45 gr hollow point for $25.

I'msurprised to see the lack of 12ga birdshot at walmart. I've seen it everywhere else but not at walmart :-(

I know right, 2 calibers i thought id always be able to find....12ga and 22lr, are scarce right now as well. ESPECIALLY, those 100 rnd value packs of 12ga birdshot walmart used to sell.

I have not had a single bit of luck at any walmart for the last month or so that all this has been going on. Best bets usually are SW, Shooters Depot, and sometimes Academy

shooter's isnt going to have much 22 for a while as they have to keep some back to supply their classes with ammo and like everyone else they are having trouble finding any.   Other calibers are a go there.  

sportmans gets some in each week and it sells out fast in spite of the 1 per house limit.   The limit makes it last a little while but its still a quick sell out.

ive been able to score some .22 in the last 2 weeks through cabelas and joebobs (joe bobs seems to be out now.)

I have heard a rumor (friend of mine has a friend that does deliverys for academy) that academy Hixson is supposed to take delivery of a good bit of ammo and rifles saturday morning. Im planning on going just to score some .223.
Guest Lester Weevils

I saw a guy walking out of SW Sunday with 2 500rd boxes of Federal .22 in a bag,went inside and could not find any on the shelf,guess it was behind the counter.Quick Cash Pawn on Rossville Blvd has 20rd boxes of Federal.223 45 gr hollow point for $25.

Dang, $125 for the "equivalent" of a good old wally world Federal 100 rd value pak for $40, available in the "valley" between the 2009 crunch and the 2013 crunch! The 45gn HP is probably better for some use or t'other, though both most likely kill paper targets just as good.

Thought I had enough bullets and primers "for awhile" but might need to re-evaluate how long "awhile" might turn out to be.

Soddy Daisy & Hwy 153 Walmarts have empty ammo shelves.  Some .17 & .458 Alaskan but nothing I can use.  Academy on 153 has lots of ammo & calibers, but no target lower priced or .22.  At Academy you had to leave your DL just to get on a list to see firearms last night.  They had 4 salesmen staying busy the whole time we were there.  They said that it was at least a one hour wait just to see a gun, and another hour to process the sale.

Cherokee Slim

I walk into walked into the Walmart in brainerd this morning at 7:45. Shelves were mostly empty but there were two large cardboard boxes behind the counter and they were open just a hair. I saw some ammo peeking out at me. I walked halfway around the store to find someone to call the sporting goods person. To my surprise it only took 30 seconds for someone to show up. He opened both boxes and there was some 308, 30-06, 22 short, .380, and 7.62. I bought 6 boxes of 7.62 and left the other 14 boxes for others to get.

I also talked with the guy. He said these boxes had probably been sitting in the floor since the previous day but they are so under staffed that nobody had time to put the tax stamps on them and put them on the shelf. He said they automatically order all the ammo that is supposed to be on the shelf but it's really just a grab bag as to what they get. It gets rolled out on a pallet with clothes and food processors and everything else Walmart sells.

One more tip. If u go to Walmart.com and look for the ammo u want, it will tell u what stores have it in stock. I have found it is pretty accurate.
I scored some 22WMR and .40 at Walmart on 153 2 nights ago. A lot of people were coming in and asking if the truck came. The guy working, probably the most intelligent guy to ever work a gun counter at Walmart, said the truck came but their wasn't any ammo on it.

I ran across some ammo at J & M Pawn on Lee Hwy. It was priced appropriately but I can't recall what they had. No 22lr and no 9mm.

GT distributors had a lot of guns. Ammo was lots of .38, .40, 45 gap, HP or soft point .223, .380 Self defense ammo, .32 ammo, and maybe some others. The .38 and .40 supply was better than it normally is.
They confirmed that the 9mm 45acp and .223 is what LE agencies are not able to get for qualifications.
well I went to academy this morning. they had a line of about 40 people. They did put a limit on popular calibers. The only 9mm they had was hornady critical defense.

Thanks for the info sl1k... Ill have to stop by the wm in tiftinia next time i go to jasper to get some 12ga

walmart hixson had plenty of 12 gauge nothing else though

Walmart on Murfreesboro rd, Antioch TN has at least 6 boxes of 9mm and a a BUNCH of 7.62x39 ammo (Tula and brass ones too) as of yesterday afternoon.  I didn't pick up any, I just need 22lr!

And careful with the shotgun bulk packs; I got excited when I thought I saw some in 12guage...it was 20. =(

(Ops!  sorry guys. I'm in Nashville.  I didn't realize you guys were talking about Chattanooga!)

Edited by vujade
Stopped by the wm in tiftinia yesterday about noon and bought 5 boxes of 00 buck to play around with. They had plenty of 12ga, just no 100 round value packs, only 20ga in those. Pretty much no other ammo and the lady told me they couldnt put in ammo orders right now.

Went to gt's first and their shelves were the barest ive ever seen them. Ive never before went into gt's to buy some buckshot and there not be any, but there wasnt yesterday. They were almost as bad as walmarts ammo supply has been. Again this was yesterday at about noon.

What a difference 3 days makes because GT's had a decent stock of some calibers.

yeah the guy at the counter said it was going out the door just as quick as they were putting it on the shelves. I asked when the last time they had xm193's on the shelf and he laughed at me. said it was gonna be awhile for those

Edited by reed1285
Modern Firearms on Ringgold Rd had 9mm today. About 8 boxes of Blazer at $14.97 a box and about 20 boxes of some other company I have never seen. They were in a maroon box. They were $17 and some change a box. They also had some .223 behind the counter. I was imagining they r rationing them. They had .22 lr in 50 round american eagle boxes for $3.17 a box. Lots of other calipers too.

They usually have about 20-30 glocks and they only had 3 or 4 today. Most other pistols they had plenty of. Several .22 and a few deer hunting rifles. Several shotguns. No AR-15s. I was surprised they had so much still in stock.

Anyways. They are not open tomorrow. Only monday through Saturday. Just a heads up.

I scored a case of Federal 9mm off of the broker a month ago for $235.50 shipped. Now it's selling for $350.00+

Bill

Edited by BCR#1