Ammo in Chattanooga

Modern Firearms on Ringgold Rd had 9mm today. About 8 boxes of Blazer at $14.97 a box and about 20 boxes of some other company I have never seen. They were in a maroon box. They were $17 and some change a box. They also had some .223 behind the counter. I was imagining they r rationing them. They had .22 lr in 50 round american eagle boxes for $3.17 a box. Lots of other calipers too.
They usually have about 20-30 glocks and they only had 3 or 4 today. Most other pistols they had plenty of. Several .22 and a few deer hunting rifles. Several shotguns. No AR-15s. I was surprised they had so much still in stock.
Anyways. They are not open tomorrow. Only monday through Saturday. Just a heads up.

What a surprise, they are normally outrageous on everything.

SW --- 9 am monday they open and there is a line at the gun counter, 15 or so people?   There will be a 2-3 hour wait to inventory the shipment before anyone can buy anything.   Went back at 12ish and they had a few boxes of random calibers, saw someone buy 38 special and something else.   The rifles were already gone again (duh... of course) and there was NO .22 LR.   Said they were so busy there were still a couple of unopened pallets from the shipment that might have more ammo, or not, have to wait....

so basically they are overwhelmed and enough people have the time to stand there in line for 3-5 hours to get something that us folks with a job that show up at 530 pm are outta luck.   If you can go on your lunch break, you might get lucky one day.   Hard to say if the holiday made the crowd any bigger (?) dunno how many people get MLK off?

Anyway, it was 2 wasted trips for me.   After my current box runs dry I am not shooting any more until I can replace box for box. 

Jonnin,

If you need some .22, I will hook you up and you can replace it when things get back to normal.

Bill

SW --- 9 am monday they open and there is a line at the gun counter, 15 or so people?   There will be a 2-3 hour wait to inventory the shipment before anyone can buy anything.   Went back at 12ish and they had a few boxes of random calibers, saw someone buy 38 special and something else.   The rifles were already gone again (duh... of course) and there was NO .22 LR.   Said they were so busy there were still a couple of unopened pallets from the shipment that might have more ammo, or not, have to wait....

so basically they are overwhelmed and enough people have the time to stand there in line for 3-5 hours to get something that us folks with a job that show up at 530 pm are outta luck.   If you can go on your lunch break, you might get lucky one day.   Hard to say if the holiday made the crowd any bigger (?) dunno how many people get MLK off?

Anyway, it was 2 wasted trips for me.   After my current box runs dry I am not shooting any more until I can replace box for box. 

Jonnin,

If you need some .22, I will hook you up and you can replace it when things get back to normal.

Bill

Thank you very much for the kind offer.   I have my fair share stockpiled, I just want to score a box here & there to replace what I use so I do not have to stop shooting.  We managed to get 2 boxes of 500 out of sportsmans not too long ago on top of what I had already, so I am probaby as well off as anyone right now.   But it was awesome of you to offer!

Supposedly hixson academy has some today, if not gone already, 1 per and behind a counter?  I cant get there from here in time...

Edited by Jonnin
Walmart tiftonia has the 50 round boxes of 9mm ppu but its $15 a box, they have not even put it on the shelf its just sitting in a box on the floor. They also had some .22 magnum. 40 cal hydroshocks.
Guest Lester Weevils

Walmart tiftonia has the 50 round boxes of 9mm ppu but its $15 a box, they have not even put it on the shelf its just sitting in a box on the floor. They also had some .22 magnum. 40 cal hydroshocks.

I only tried 200 or 300 PPU brass 9mm from Academy one time awhile ago. It was a bit dirty and inconsistent and had a funny smell, but all went bang. IIRC was only about $10 a box at that time. Maybe sometimes the PPU is better than others, I only tried one sample. However, that PPU brass itself is real high quality and it reloads as good or better than anything else, along with PPU left by other shooters I've picked up at the range on occasion. The primer pocket is a tad tight, but seems a little thicker and "heavier duty" than some 9mm brass.

what are you loading for ?

Trying to find small pistol primers and large rifle primers. Also any type of large rifle powder. Trying to reload 9mm, 40 s&w , 6mm rem, 7.65 Arg, 7.7 jap, 8mm mauser, 7.62x54r. I have unique for pistols. All I have is dies just been buying those to wait out this mess.

Small rifle powder will make an excellent sub 300 yard paper puncher in those big rifles --- I use 2230 in mine for a gentle target load.  As a side effect the light load can be tweaked to fit the sights, which are sighted out too far and off with full loads at shorter ranges.   Its probably poorish to try to make a full power load with these powders though.

Small pistol is going to be hard to find but large rifle should be found with a little bit of luck.

Sportsmans has had powder, as have other stores, every time I have gone, though I have not looked to see what exactly it was I noticed a few jugs.

Trying to find small pistol primers and large rifle primers. Also any type of large rifle powder. Trying to reload 9mm, 40 s&w , 6mm rem, 7.65 Arg, 7.7 jap, 8mm mauser, 7.62x54r. I have unique for pistols. All I have is dies just been buying those to wait out this mess.

If you want i can float you some small rifle primers (can be used for pistol primers) and large rifle primers. You can just get me back whenever they come back in stock.
they fit, and their is a negligible difference in how the load is affected many people buy only the small rifle primers for use in both handguns and rifles.