BEAUTIFUL WIFE SHOOTING DRILLS (VIDEO)

Guest lukethetechguy

• Administrator

OK  Dave thanks. I guess different instructors teach different things. I've not seen that before....why I asked.

Dave S

Yep.  I hadn't seen it until a few years ago myself.  It's kind of common in the IDPA circles too as a safety mechanism, for certain stages.  I figure that's where these folks saw it based on their videos.

In the last few classes I took the instructor taught (when drawing from concealment) to grab the cover garment with both hands, jerk it up to chest level, and hold it up with the off hand while drawing with the strong hand. The two hand ten just kind of naturally meet when you press out. Some folks I saw take it to the extreme and didn't push out at all until they brought the gun right to their chest but to me it seems as long as your hand doesn't get in front of the barrel do it however you please.

• Like 1

Video makes me jealous your wife likes to shoot... I've been married 3 and a half wonderful years and used to shoot everyday, shoot for a living, and train all the time, and what does my wife like? everything but guns. She's been shooting less times then you have fingers. Lucky man, you are...

Please, please, please read this.  Your wife has beautiful eyes.  It will cause no harm to wear safety glasses and she has everything to lose by not doing so.

I can't count how many times I have been at the range or at a competition and heard "Wow...I sure am glad you were wearing eye protection"

If this advice isn't taken - I am afraid it is a matter of time before something unwanted finds its way in her eyes.

• Like 1
Guest lukethetechguy

Thanks Man.

She LOVES to go and shoot! She's come along way and has a lot more ground to cover, but she has a blast everytime.  

Video makes me jealous your wife likes to shoot... I've been married 3 and a half wonderful years and used to shoot everyday, shoot for a living, and train all the time, and what does my wife like? everything but guns. She's been shooting less times then you have fingers. Lucky man, you are...

Guest lukethetechguy

I bought her some dedicated safety glasses so she wont forget to wear them.  Also,  we're just now working on her draw and practicing what to do with your support hand on the draw.  Shes still got some work to do to become really proficient but one thing at a time right! 

Thanks guys for your support.  She loves to know that people enjoy our videos. 

This whole thread makes me grin.  I while ago I took two of the vet techs who work at the clinic I take my pets to the range.  They are pretty gals.  You would have thunk that they had yelled out, "Hey guys I need help!", for all the unsolicited assistance they received.  They finally had to tell a couple of the "trolls" that they were married (and were) and came with me to shoot.  I enjoyed myself.  My wife enjoys shooting also, but she seems to find other priorities on a typical shooting day.  Lately she has been getting the bug to shoot again.  I should take a video. 

If I could get my wife out to shoot with me I would probably take video of her as well. But it would be for showing family/friends and to help show her where shes need improvement. I gotta side with David on this one, it feels like "tell me this is hot". But hey, if thats what youre into and she is too, who am I to judge.
Guest Pineapple Devil

Why does she place her owb holster so far back? Also, she sways her hips and doesn't get back into proper position when she changes mags.