forgive me, for i have sinned. but i like it!

Yes the 357 sig can duplicate 357 mag velocities, 1450fps w/125 grain bullet, but it has yet to prove that it is the stopper that the 357mag is. As a matter of interest, some of the early reports were so-so. A lot of that may be because the 357 sig uses 9mm bullets not 357 mag bullets. They are usually constructed a little lighter. I use to sell Cor-Bon 40sw 135 grain loads rated for 1425fps. That was always my first choice in 40sw. Just 25fps under 357 sig yet 10 grains heavier and .045" larger. Just a thought.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.357 is a smaller bullet that travels faster, shoots flatter. .357 will penetrate better( think objects not human tissue). it is the semi-auto cartridge that is the equivalent of .357magnum. i hear it recoils like a .45acp, i like recoil, to an extent.

not real sure, just something about the cartridge that intrigues me.

quote]

You may not be so intrigued after buying ammo for it.

Keep in mind that all the pistol calibers that you mentioned are a lot closer, power-wise, than many realize. In other words, none of them will sweep a man off his feet after decapitating him.

You may not be so intrigued after buying ammo for it.

Keep in mind that all the pistol calibers that you mentioned are a lot closer, power-wise, than many realize. In other words, none of them will sweep a man off his feet after decapitating him.

i looked and at midway, ammo is about the same price as .45acp, maybe just a hair higher. i know that no pistol caliber can give a one shot kill or knock a man down, just by shooting him with it. the hottest factory loads in a 10mm would be the closest thing(loaded to near .41mag specs) and i doubt it would have a "knockdown" factor to it.

i know that no pistol caliber can give a one shot kill

Not true - however unlikely it is, there have been plenty of examples of one-shot kills with pistols. I wouldn't count on it in a gunfight, but it's certainly not impossible.

Not true - however unlikely it is, there have been plenty of examples of one-shot kills with pistols. I wouldn't count on it in a gunfight, but it's certainly not impossible.

true, i gues what i meant was that no pistol caliber can knock a man to the ground with one shot. when you shoot him he may not choose to try to stand and fall down but the sheer force for the bullet wont knock him down