forgive me, for i have sinned. but i like it!

just picked up a G27. i never thought id ever like a glock but the subcompacts sure do feel ALOT different to me than a fullsize does, balance wise. i really like it, to bad i have to get rid of it since its not one of my calibers of choice. i think ill get a G33 sometime though, very nice and very concealable, heck with the standard mag i can conceal it in my backpocket. i just might have to try a G36 too.

S5000785.jpg

S5000784.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might would carry it but i have to wait about another 10months to send in my paperwork(age requirement). really though ill probably carry my xd-45 service since i can completely conceal it just by tucking it in my pants, no holster with only a tshirt.

this g27 is MUCH more concealable though

At one time I said I would never own a plastic gun and never a GLOCK. Well after trying a G23 I realized I had been missing out out on some very good handguns. I now own and carry a G23 and G27. I find the 40 S&W round to be very capable and the GLOCKs work extremly well just look less than beautiful!:)

Guest janwbrown616

I've been carrying a 27 for years. I love a 45 (old cocked and locked lover), but the 40 is the next best thing for me. More rounds in the mag, and some of the best accuracy I've ever had.

I have several 23 mags for back up and the weapon fits anywhere.. I actually shoot better with it than my old 23.

Guest cgs2326

You will be happy with your G27. I have put about 1000 rounds in mine and carry it every day just a great little gun.

Guest sling

Welcome to the dark side! >;-)

You'll really enjoy that thing!

Did you color in the lettering or did the previous owner?

You know as I ran over my 5.11 bag yesterday...yes thats right...well actually more of a backover...long story...stupidity was involved. I found myself very happy that it was holding no polymer guns....FWIW...those 5.11 range bags are pretty dang tough as it had no rips or tears after my 4,000lb lexus backed halfway over it. The beretta, sig, and CZ 52 are recovering nicely if not a lil more car shy.

Guest HunterH

I have carried a G27 for about 2 years now and it may be the best overall carry gun made. Amazing concealment, add the finger extension and it fits in the hand nicely, 10 rounds .40 in a gun that is at the top of the realiability food chain. I have carried a m&P .40 and XD.40sc and the g27 is still the best for ease of carry, concealment, and realiability. :D

BTW, on carrying your XD .45 in your pocket. I would recommend against that for both safety and effectiveness of your ability to use in a defensive situation. These striker fired guns are safest when you can draw from the same position every time so your finger does not accidently get in that trigger guard too soon and have an AD. I would think digging in your pocket for a gun in a high stress situation would make the risk of accidently pulling the trigger much higher.

I think striker fire guns with no external safetys are the best denensive handguns due to simpllicity of use and other factors, but they require an extra measure of safety build into your carry strategy as to avoid the dangers of no external safetys as well. Just my :).

Guest db99wj
You know as I ran over my 5.11 bag yesterday...yes thats right...well actually more of a backover...long story...stupidity was involved. I found myself very happy that it was holding no polymer guns....FWIW...those 5.11 range bags are pretty dang tough as it had no rips or tears after my 4,000lb lexus backed halfway over it. The beretta, sig, and CZ 52 are recovering nicely if not a lil more car shy.

It won't hurt the combat tuppaware.

[ame]

[/ame]

Here is the rest of them.

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

Edited by db99wj

BTW, on carrying your XD .45 in your pocket. I would recommend against that for both safety and effectiveness of your ability to use in a defensive situation. These striker fired guns are safest when you can draw from the same position every time so your finger does not accidently get in that trigger guard too soon and have an AD. I would think digging in your pocket for a gun in a high stress situation would make the risk of accidently pulling the trigger much higher.

my pockets arent THAT big, i said carrying the G27 in my pocket. i wouldnt actually carry it there just kinda amazed me it would fit in there its so small. only way id carry in the back pocket is in a holster, like a keltec or ruger lcp or the like, still not for sure.

Welcome to the dark side! >;-)

You'll really enjoy that thing!

Did you color in the lettering or did the previous owner?

I heard the darkside had cookies, I never pass up on free cookies.

the previous owner colored in the lettering, i personally wouldnt have done it, i like the all black look.

My first handgun was a Glock 19 that I bought in, I think, 1993. I've had a G26 for close to 10 years. Never had any trouble with either one. They will eat any kind of ammo that I put in it. Can't say that for other guns that I own. When I bought my G19, the guy at the gun store didn't really know anything about it and didn't seem to be bothered since it was a "plastic" gun. Love them or hate them, they're here to stay.

Guest mikedwood

I'm surprised you didn't mention you got to shoot a Glock 26 and liked it!

What happened? You're getting rid of it already?!

yea, i said in my original post that i had to get rid of it because of the caliber. the real reason i got it is i traded my 1895 levergun in .45-70 +cash for it. i know the glock will be MUCH easier to sell/trade than that .45/70. i had a little .40 ammo i wanted to shoot up and wanted to see if i could like the glock subcompact platform, i just dont like .40. i'll stick with .45acp, 10mm, and .357sig for semi autos. id be happy to trade for a G30SF, G33, or G29.

absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, just the wrong caliber for me

Why don't you just pick up a Glock 357sig barrel. It drops tight in, uses the same mags, give you dual caliber capability and then you wouldn't need to get a g33 as then you would have one. I have seen the barrels at gunshows for between $90 and $125 dollars.

.357/.40--what's the difference?

.357 is a smaller bullet that travels faster, shoots flatter. .357 will penetrate better( think objects not human tissue). it is the semi-auto cartridge that is the equivalent of .357magnum. i hear it recoils like a .45acp, i like recoil, to an extent.

not real sure, just something about the cartridge that intrigues me.

i dont like .40 for the fact that in semiautos, 9mm, .40S&W, and .45acp are the top three players. i choose the biggest one, .45acp for my primary carry weapon. .357sig and 10mm are specialty cartridges IMO, 10mm is the hottest semiauto cartridge out there, can be loaded to very near .41mag specs. and .357sig is highly penetrable, shoots VERY flat. .40 is a 10mm, downloaded for those who dont like the recoil of a 10mm. but since then it has taken off .40 guns are smaller than 10mm guns and have larger capacity usually.