Local Shop Price Gouging

He's always been honest with me , and his shop has always been cheaper than most all the gun shops I have been to. You haven't seen GOUGING try some of the other gun shops YOU will change your mind REAL quick. Chill out !!! ,you should have bought them you may not see any more if Obama has his way, hope that's not the case but!!! Who knows. Edited by ted

Thread title should read, "Steve's Guns On Bear Creek Pike Practicing Free Market Principles." If you sell something for less than people are willing to pay you're a sucker, plain and simple. If anyone offers to pay me $500 for my shoes I'll have a very uncomfortable walk home. 

Thread title should read, "Steve's Guns On Bear Creek Pike Practicing Free Market Principles." If you sell something for less than people are willing to pay you're a sucker, plain and simple. If anyone offers to pay me $500 for my shoes I'll have a very uncomfortable walk home. 

I agree with your premise, but it is different when someone offers you a large sum, compared to someone offering for sale an

inflated price. I don't have a problem with either, just glad I bought mine before the craziness.

I see both sides.

On the one hand, if you want the item and don't want to pay the inflated price, it is a bummer.

On the other hand, let the dealer charge whatever he wants.  We as consumers really control prices by what we are willing to spend.  If someone buys the item, then it was worth that to the purchaser.

People are buying at these inflated prices, so why shouldn't the dealer make his profit?  Once people stop paying the prices, they will come down again.

• Administrator

Went by the gun shop the other day and he had a few brownells 30 rnd mags on the shelf I asked the price and he said 35.00 each I said my peace and walked out.

James

Sounds like sour grapes rather than price gouging.  :bored:

This thread doesn't even deserve to exist.  Closing it and editing the title.  It's not fair to that business for some pissed-off non-customer to come here and gripe about them when the price is within current market range for that item.  We're not Craigslist.  Drive-by mud slingings aren't welcome here.

• Like 1
[quote name="TGO David" post="892725" timestamp="1358875280"]Sounds like sour grapes rather than price gouging.  :bored:   This thread doesn't even deserve to exist.  Closing it and editing the title.  It's not fair to that business for some pissed-off non-customer to come here and gripe about them when the price is within current market range for that item.  We're not Craigslist.  Drive-by mud slingings aren't welcome here.[/quote] I've purchased many items from this business in the past and recently purchased 2 handguns so in reality I'm no drive by mud slinger nor am I pissed. I was just passing along what I thought was price gouging on magazines when dealer cost is 10.00 and less per mag. and they were recently 15.00 cheaper. Anyhow it appears its acceptable for such pricing here and my apologies.