The Smith & Wesson M&P 45c (Compact) is now available.

• Administrator

Bud's has them listed. I called to confirm that is really the compact and not the 4-inch midsize and they said that it is the new compact model.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411535233

54589.jpg

I know some of you have been waiting for this, so I wanted to throw it out there. I'm happy with my Glock otherwise I'd be on this like white on rice.

Looking forward to a range report! :mad:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

That is the stock photo of the Compact courtesy of S&W. I imagine it says 45c on the slide now as that photo is pretty old and predates the SHOT show. And yes, they are larger than the 40c and the 9c. By just a little.

Here's a side by side comparison. The 45c is on the left. The 45 (Midsize) is on the right. Pictures are not to scale but you can spot the differences in the frame.

54589.jpg109307_large.jpg

Guest HunterH

this thing looks really cool. Is it about the size of the G19?? The standard m&P barrel is about 4.25 if I remember correctly. The compact is 3.5 in. Is this barrel 4 in? that would be exactly the G19. I wonder if the grip is a bit larger. The 3.5 in M&P grip is too short for me.

Guest Verbal Kint

Info from the link, in the original post, above...

SMITH & WESSON INC

Smith & Wesson 8 + 1 Round 45 ACP Compact w/4" Barrel/Black Finish

In the design of the M&P, Smith & Wesson they considered the needs of

military and law enforcement from every conceivable angle. No other polymer

pistol offers this combination of versatility, durability and safety.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Mfg Item Num: 109308

Category: FIREARMS - HANDGUNS

Type :Pistol

Action: Double Action Only

Caliber :45 ACP

Barrel Length :4"

Capacity :8 + 1

Safety :No Manual Safety

Grips :Polymer

Sights :White Dot Dovetail (Front)Steel Low Profile (Rear)

Weight :26.2 oz

Finish :Black Melonite

• Administrator
this thing looks really cool. Is it about the size of the G19?? The standard m&P barrel is about 4.25 if I remember correctly. The compact is 3.5 in. Is this barrel 4 in? that would be exactly the G19. I wonder if the grip is a bit larger. The 3.5 in M&P grip is too short for me.

For all practical sakes and purposes, it is the slide and barrel from the M&P 45 4-inch (aka midsize) mounted on a compact frame similar to what the 9c and 40c get, but up-sized to accommodate the larger dimensions of the 45acp magazines.

Kind of like what Springfield did when they offered the XD 45 and the XD 45 Compact.