ACLU and Heller vs DC

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

Everyone, The ACLU is getting hammer on their own blog - See attached.

Please write to your newspapers and ask them to please report on the hypocrites at the ACLU.

Also contact your TV stations and talking heads on the radio and get this talked up.

Contact Bill O'Reilly at Foxnews and ask him to please run with this - he generally hates the ACLU anyhow.

http://blog.aclu.org/2008/07/01/heller-decision-and-the-second-amendment/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest builderwood

I guess their name should be changed to SACLU (Select American Civil Liberties Union). What about all the americans who have been jailed for what is now considered legal?

Guest nraforlife
IMHO, Bill O'Reilly is an idiot from the start.

Regardless, he has a LOT of folks that watch his show and this is great news.

397 postings and almost ALL are slamming the ACLU, and a lot are from ACLU members

Edited by nraforlife
Guest ordonnanzgewehr

I like this one:

A “collective” is a group of individuals. How can a collective have a right that the individuals in that collective don’t have? Which of the members of the group gets to exercise that right on behalf of the others? Who decides who that person is?

What about the First Amendment? It talks about freedom of the press, and “the right of the people peaceably to assemble.” That’s the same “the people” as in the Second Amendment, which you’ve asserted is a “collective right.” Maybe we should limit freedom of speech to registered press members (who will, of course, be required to store their typewriters in a disassembled and locked state, so that they are not able to exercise that collective right at a moment’s notice). We’ll take their fingerprints, run a background check, and make them demonstrate competency at composing headlines. Of course, no press will be allowed to operate within Washington D.C. — to keep illegal typewriters off the streets.

After all, all constitutional freedoms have limits. The government needs to have the power to regulate especially dangerous free speech and typewriters that are capable of performing automatic carriage returns (”assault typewriters”).

I'm pretty disappointed in the ACLU on this one. (And I am a member, albeit I leave my card at home.)

There is one reason and one reason alone that the ACLU board chooses to adhere to the position they adhere to: Money. A large amount of funding hangs in the balance of this one. Many of the largest ACLU funders are anti-gunners. Simple as that.

Yep, pretty disappointed. But not surprised. My only consolation is that the ACLU does not actively support an anti-2A agenda. They pretty much ignore the 2A, which is about the best we can hope for currently.

To quote Ted Nugent:

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves."

"I don't need a document, and I don't need another man to explain to me that I have the right to defend my gift of life. And that there is an argument in America...from a whole gaggle of numbnuts who would try to tell me they will dictate where, how, and if I can defend myself, I find that preposterous. I find it unacceptable and I will not accept it. I am a free man. Don't tread on me!"

Gentlemen, this only confirms what we've all known for 2 forevers... The ACLU is just another lobby of political hacks that seek to disenfranchise us of our freedom by whoever hands them the most money. The freedom to think, the freedom to defense of our lives. They will shout what ever slogan that someone hands them as long as it comes with a pile of money and our liberties are only a second thought to them.

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

It really bothers me that there isn't one single powerful group that values ALL of our rights equally.

Yes. Agreed.

Maybe we should start our own "Bill of Rights Advocacy Society." Come one, come all, none left behind. Whether its 1, 2, 3,... 8, 9, 10 we love 'em all, regardless of the consequences. What the heck, we even love the REST of the constitution, even the inconvenient parts! Join now! Membership cost is $1.00 per amendment. To keep fees low, we advocate not changing the Constitution. If it works, don't fix it!!!

It really bothers me that there isn't one single powerful group that values ALL of our rights equally.
Yes. Agreed.

Maybe we should start our own "Bill of Rights Advocacy Society." Come one, come all, none left behind. Whether its 1, 2, 3,... 8, 9, 10 we love 'em all, regardless of the consequences. What the heck, we even love the REST of the constitution, even the inconvenient parts! Join now! Membership cost is $1.00 per amendment. To keep fees low, we advocate not changing the Constitution. If it works, don't fix it!!!

I like that idea Len!

unfortunately, the political hacks in DC would look at you like you were :devil:...

they'll get the message when they decide to change it though.

one thing I've noticed in the past month, is that no matter what, republican or democrat, red or blueshirt, we ALL refuse to be disarmed.

it gives me hope that we can actually function as a country without the elitist types telling us what's "good for us"..

Guest GLOCKGUY

The ACLU of Nevada supports the Heller decision and the people's right to keep and bear arms.

http://www.aclunv.org/aclu-nevada-su...ight-bear-arms

In light of the United States Supreme Court's decision concerning the D.C. handgun ban (District of Columbia v. Heller) the ACLU of Nevada considers it important to clearly state its position regarding the right to bear arms. The Nevada ACLU respects the individual's right to bear arms subject to constitutionally permissible regulations. The ACLU of Nevada will defend this right as it defends other constitutional rights. This policy was formulated by our afilliate Board in light of both the U.S. Constitution and the clearly-stated individual right to bear arms as set out in the Nevada Constitution's Declaration of Rights.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly
oooh! I wonder if they're apostates from the national church of aclu...(you know, they should name it a-clu ...as in its just what they need to get)

They're definitely apostates.

If you'll read the history of the ACLU and their first few major court battles, your spite for them will probably soften. The decisions they won early on are the bedrock of our freedom of speech in terms of case law precedent. It's really only in the last forty years or so that they've gone nuts. Of course, the same can be said for the country as a whole.