You know those 30,000 drones?

Can't get a job?  Go to drone school.  Get your career flying today!

Sheesh

Yes, Uncle Barry wants you!  If you're a member of Occupy Wall Street, are between the ages of 25 and 35 and have been playing video games while living in your parent's basement, you may already be qualified as a Drone Flight Technician.  Spy on your neighbors, kill your enemies.  Salaries starting at $120,000!  Call today to find out if you qualify.  1-800-DUMB-ASS

• Like 3
Guest Lester Weevils

Personally I would like to see them sold to civilians so that we could fly them around and have aerial battles.

On a serious note there is no surprise on what he wants to do with them.

Youtube is chock full of small amateur camera drone videos. Did searching about buying/building a multi-rotor camera drone and my biggest misgiving was that the individual parts, controllers, circuit boards are so cheap makes me wonder whether they are good enough quality to fool with. Though of course, like building your dream pc, all the individual parts give sticker shock when you add em up.

Apparently you can build gps camera drones that will "mostly" fly themselves, and if they drop out of radio control range they will re-trace their course and come back home automatically.

Then there are the videos of the fellas who fly the giant radio-controlled jets. Dunno how fast they go. Perspective of the 6 or 8 foot jets might make em look like they are flying faster than they really do, but some of em look like they are moving right along.

Most civilians had not even heard of drones much at all before 5-7 years ago, and then very rarely. Now, it's a daily topic. And they want 30,000 of these things flying around the country?!?! I wonder how long it is before one of these things accidentally causes a passenger plane to crash by just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not long I'll wager.
Obama DOJ:We Don’t Need Clear Evidence To Kill Americans With Drones

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/obama-doj-we-dont-need-clear-evidence-to-kill-americans-with-drones/

" I point this out because Panetta openly claims that the Federal government can bypass the Constitution and just do whatever they want to American citizens. How long before they start targeting State militia groups, true patriots, those that believe in the Second Amendment (contrary to Jesse Jackson’s claims), and even those opposed to the Obamacare mandate? How long before those “bitter clingers” of religion and guns are targeted as terrorists? Think about it."
  • Like 3

Yes, Uncle Barry wants you!  If you're a member of Occupy Wall Street, are between the ages of 25 and 35 and have been playing video games while living in your parent's basement, you may already be qualified as a Drone Flight Technician.  Spy on your neighbors, kill your enemies.  Salaries starting at $120,000!  Call today to find out if you qualify.  1-800-DUMB-ASS

Full retirement benefits after 6 months of service. They're Occupy Wall Streeters, money isn't the incentive, free money is.

Most civilians had not even heard of drones much at all before 5-7 years ago, and then very rarely. Now, it's a daily topic. And they want 30,000 of these things flying around the country?!?! I wonder how long it is before one of these things accidentally causes a passenger plane to crash by just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not long I'll wager.

They have to be flown below a certain altitude and not within certain airspace of low flying aircraft, such as airports. We used low flying UAVs when I was in the army. The teeny tactical ones that fly pretty low due to their limitations. Low enough that it was not uncommon for them to be shot down.

I don't see the problem here. Seems to me that the UAV boom has little to do with the government and more to do with the civilian market. Those drones they are talking about aren't being built by Lockheed Martin. They're being built by an under-sexed college kid in his mom's basement.

Well guys time to sharpen those moving object skills and shoot these things down is the way I see it.

That explains why O is practising his skeet skills. He's just wants to be able to ensure his privacy when he leaves office.

Youtube is chock full of small amateur camera drone videos. Did searching about buying/building a multi-rotor camera drone and my biggest misgiving was that the individual parts, controllers, circuit boards are so cheap makes me wonder whether they are good enough quality to fool with. Though of course, like building your dream pc, all the individual parts give sticker shock when you add em up.

Apparently you can build gps camera drones that will "mostly" fly themselves, and if they drop out of radio control range they will re-trace their course and come back home automatically.

Then there are the videos of the fellas who fly the giant radio-controlled jets. Dunno how fast they go. Perspective of the 6 or 8 foot jets might make em look like they are flying faster than they really do, but some of em look like they are moving right along.

That's all well and good Lester, but I want mine to have rockets.