M&P Shield

Justbo1901

Well after a long two month wait I finally got my hands on my new Smith & Wesson M&P Shield.  I picked up the shield in 9mm. It was worth the wait.  I love the small size and the trigger pull is amazing. I cant wait for my PJ Holster to come in so I can start carrying it, I ordered it back the first week in January so I'm hoping to get it soon.

Just curious, how many rounds do you expect to put through it before you feel confident enough to bet your life on it?

Is this a trick question? I haven't even shot (mine) yet.  I carry a Springfield xd SC9MM now. The one I did shoot I loved it. like I said in the op as soon as I get my Holster I will be carrying it.  But I'm sure by then I will have put some rounds through it.

I know the shield is a great little 9.  But recently I had the chance to handle it and the Taurus 709.  These guns are almost identical in feel and size.  They fit the same holster.  Same weight, etc.  I had really wanted a shield, but already have the 709.  That comparison sure dampened my fire for the shield.  Given that the shield is so hard to find,  if you get the chance look at the 709 and save a little cash.  Mine has been flawless, have recommended it several times, and now I don't have to spend extra cash for the shield.

Guest mechanically

I don't know what it is but the Shield's have almost no recoil. Even the .40 is a joy to shoot. It's been a while since i have shot a Taurus slim or a pf9 but I remember them being a handful.

That's what I keep coming back to. I've been a shooter for years, but only now getting into the world of subcompacts, and it seems like everyone raves about the way the Shield 40 behaves. If I had been on the ball a few months ago, I probably could have tried one out without difficulty, but even finding one to hold in a shop is nigh impossible.

The more reviews I read like this, the more likely I get to just ordering one any way I can and taking the chance I won't like it...

Is this a trick question? I haven't even shot (mine) yet.  I carry a Springfield xd SC9MM now. The one I did shoot I loved it. like I said in the op as soon as I get my Holster I will be carrying it.  But I'm sure by then I will have put some rounds through it.

No trick question. I was just curious how many rounds you have to put through a gun before you trust it enough to carry it .

I don't have a hard/fast rule for this myself. I've started carrying some guns after as few as 100 rounds in a single range trip. Yet, others I wouldn't trust my life to no matter how many rounds ago the last failure was.