> What is wrong with this picture? Take a look at it and find out before you read on. If you didn't spot it right off the bat, you need more time on the range.

>

> New AR-15 assault rifles for the department $1,000.00 each.

>

> Training time $1,000.00 per man/woman.

>

> Picture on front page of the local paper with the officer standing in full view, not using any cover.....and with the gun magazine in backwards!!!!

>

>

> ......PRICELESS!!!

>

image001.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
> What is wrong with this picture? Take a look at it and find out before you read on. If you didn't spot it right off the bat, you need more time on the range.

>

> New AR-15 assault rifles for the department $1,000.00 each.

>

> Training time $1,000.00 per man/woman.

>

> Picture on front page of the local paper with the officer standing in full view, not using any cover.....and with the gun magazine in backwards!!!!

>

>

> ......PRICELESS!!!

>

image001.jpg

is it backwards or are their two taped together? i think one is upside down for a back up magazine

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest Mugster

Yeah, that could be one of those gizmo's that holds a spare mag upside down.

I do think its kinda funny she's standing about a foot from probably 15 gallons of gasoline.

Guest Verbal Kint

I do think its kinda funny she's standing about a foot from probably 15 gallons of gasoline.

Unlike TV, shooting a vehicle's gas tank and making it explode is pretty damn difficult to do. The amount of liquid gas, vapor, and oxygen... in the right combo... as well as the round to ignite it... all factor in.

If anything, the officer is stupid for not using the vehicle as cover. But even that is questionable, as we don't know what the situation is... or what is out of frame in that photo. Maybe she had to leave cover, in order to get a clear line of sight. Maybe the incident was over, or the perp was already being taken to the ground (or any other number of scenarios) where she was simply acting as backup until the situation was fully resolved.

It's pretty easy to play arm-chair quarterback when no one knows the story here.

Guest SUNTZU

I don't have an AR so I couldn't tell you. I have heard you can smack one in backwards so that it sticks, if you feel like treating your equipment that way.

after closely examining the picture myself and looking at my AR here, first off, you CAN insert a steel AR mag(not polymer) in upside down but NOT backwards to where it curves toward to pistol grip. secondly, unless that is an approx. 50-60 round stick mag, its two taped together because it hangs down WAAAAAAYYYY too low for a standard 30-rounder GI-issue mag

Edited by nightrunner

i dont see how it is possible. there is a channel in the rear of the magwell and a full-length notch on the rear of the magazine casing for it to fit, like i said you can insert it upside down but not backwards, id be afraid id crack the magwell or bust the magazine. you would HAVE to know that it was wrong when you went to put it in anyways.

i still stand by the fact that it is still waaaaaayyyyy too long for a standard ar mag

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

An AR mag will go in backwards, but not upside down. That is not a chop. Trust me. The cop just doesn't know her weapon. She only knows she's a cop and, therefore, it's ok for her to point a high powered rifle at other people, regardless of her proficiency therewith.

Guest GLOCKGUY
have you tried this? i did and it flat doesnt work

i agree i just called my buddy and had him try to put the mag in up side down and backwards he said it would not fit

is it backwards or are their two taped together? i think one is upside down for a back up magazine

what idiot would tape a magazine on backwards though?

not only does this NOT lend itself to an ergonomic carry of the magazine, it jabs the crap out of you if you sling the weapon...

this has GOT to be photoshop..I don't know anyone dumb enough to make a magazine FIT in backwards.

Guest GLOCKGUY
what idiot would tape a magazine on backwards though?

not only does this NOT lend itself to an ergonomic carry of the magazine, it jabs the crap out of you if you sling the weapon...

this has GOT to be photoshop..I don't know anyone dumb enough to make a magazine FIT in backwards.

ya it more likely is photoshop

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest Abominable_Hillbilly
have you tried this? i did and it flat doesnt work

That photo and the story behind it are nothing new. I saw it for the first time about a year ago. And, yes, you can force an AR mag into the magwell backward by tilting the "wrong" front edge in first.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWIeK-LQc0[/ame]

Edited by Abominable_Hillbilly
Guest GLOCKGUY

ya she could of done that but look at the space in the picture even if it was in backwards it would not look like it does in the picture so that makes me think it was a photoshop

12495_newspaperrifle_2.jpg