HCP Backlog....longer than ever now

Guest abailey362

Remember, we're talking about Government Employees. They aren't know for being the most productive bunch.:D

zzzzZZzzzzZZZZ *snort* Wha? Whazzat? Hey, you woke me up. Oh well. Might as well check the backups while I'm up. :P

Edited by BryanP
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest racr28

I was fingerprinted 29 May and got my HCP today, 11 July. That comes to something like 43 days. I don't think that is too bad.

Edited by racr28
Guest Bronker

Went to the mailbox today, found an envelope from the Department of Safety, addressed to my wife. Felt the hard plastic outline of business-card size... did my victory dance across the driveway with it held high in the air!!!

It was her new drivers license.

Crap. :shrug::mad:

70+/- days and counting.

Guest nraforlife
I went to the DMV and applied for my renewal on April 14, so it will be 90 days Monday.:mad:

Well obviously you did not select the 'Naifeh Express' option on your form. :D

Guest abailey362
I was fingerprinted 29 May and got my HCP today, 11 July. That comes to something like 43 days. I don't think that is too bad.
Not that I know of. I am originally from Indiana.

how long have you lived in clarksville?

My BG check for the past 5 years should consist of mainly Davison County, 2 months in Hamilton Co, and a couple years in Madison Co, Alabama.

Hamilton shouldn't have any problem, davison is down the street, and I know the lady who handles records in Madsion Co. Would be quicker for me to go pick up all my records , well lack of records, and take them all to nashville.

I wish there was an "express lane" option that I could have paid for or something to speed this up.

Guest nraforlife

I wish there was an "express lane" option that I could have paid for or something to speed this up.

What there is NO express option!!! Then how the hell did Naifeh get his in one day?

Edited by nraforlife
Guest racr28

1 year in Clarksville and five years at Fort Campbell, KY with TN DL.

how long have you lived in clarksville?

My BG check for the past 5 years should consist of mainly Davison County, 2 months in Hamilton Co, and a couple years in Madison Co, Alabama.

Hamilton shouldn't have any problem, davison is down the street, and I know the lady who handles records in Madsion Co. Would be quicker for me to go pick up all my records , well lack of records, and take them all to nashville.

Guest unreconstructed1

anyone have an approximate estimate of wait time in Roane Co.? I got my course certificate at the very end of last month and haven't yet actually applied for my HCP. the way it sounds, I'd better get on the ball if I want to get mine by New Years...

Guest readyornot

Well here's the lastest update on mine. As I posted earlier, I went to the DMV on March 12. I called a week ago to find out status and low and behold it shows up in the mail Saturday (7/12). Exactly 4 months to the day (120 days +). Like some of the others, I think calling got it pushed up. I really think the renewals are taking longer than first time applicants. It's like they are getting pushed to the bottom of the stack.

• Administrator

It sounds like my wife may receive hers sometime around the middle of October if this trend is any indication. We finalized her HCP application on June 10th. Four months to approve and issue is pretty damn pathetic given how fast our good friend and ardent 2nd Amendment Rights supporter Jimmy Naifeh got his.

:drama:

Guest bkelm18

Yeah. I submitted my application on June 16th. I'm not even going to worry about it until mid to late September at the earliest.

How easy was it to get Naifehs permit records?? What about everybody elses??

Do they go back to your place of birth on the background check?? I was born in a suburb of Chicago but moved to Tenn when I was maybe 1 yo. I might be screwed if I gotta wait on Chicago.

Guest pjblurton

Update...

I called these turd burglers last Monday (49 day mark) and got some lady who said, she "was new an ain't gots a compruter yet" so she took my info and said "someone would call me back with a status update that afternoon".

Suprise, no call back!

So I call them again, yesterday (56 day mark) and lo and behold, I got the same lady who said, she "was new an ain't gots a compruter yet" so she took my info and said "someone would call me back with a status update that afternoon".

After I explained that we have already explored this avenue last week to no avail, she said that was the best she could do.

I'm pretty sure at that point my application was sent to the bottom of the pile and I should expect my permit somewhere around the spring thaw..:D

Guest pjblurton
Too bad your last name isn't Naifeh. You'd have it by now. :D

Hell, if that were the case I wouldn't even need a HCP, as my bodyguards would take care of my light work.

This dill hole having a HCP is nothing more than a political ruse intended to fool people into thinking he is pro-gun!

Guest bkelm18
How easy was it to get Naifehs permit records?? What about everybody elses??

Do they go back to your place of birth on the background check?? I was born in a suburb of Chicago but moved to Tenn when I was maybe 1 yo. I might be screwed if I gotta wait on Chicago.

If I'm not mistaken, the background check is very similar to the check when you purchase a gun. The long wait as I understand it is the FBI check.