Out of State Handgun

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

This question may have been asked before but I can't find it. Not sure if this is the correct forum.

I'm in the market for a new XD 9mm SC and I live in Memphis (TN resident). Can I buy a handgun from a gunshop in MS or AR if I find a deal?

From the "buy and trade" forum on TGO I read in one of the stickied threads that "Transfer of firearms ownership between individuals residing in different states must be managed by a third party who is a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder." Of course that seems to apply to individuals, but most gunshops are FFL's anyway, so it should be okay. Am I right?

On another note, I'm not that familiar with gunshops in Memphis. I bought my Ruger SP-101 at Guns and Ammo, but everytime I've been back they are pretty rude. As if I'm a complete idiot for asking questions. They act like they don't need or want my money so I'm not going to give it to them. Too bad because I live right around the corner. So other good places to buy handguns in Memphis or northern MS? Thanks.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
This question may have been asked before but I can't find it. Not sure if this is the correct forum.

I'm in the market for a new XD 9mm SC and I live in Memphis (TN resident). Can I buy a handgun from a gunshop in MS or AR if I find a deal?

From the "buy and trade" forum on TGO I read in one of the stickied threads that "Transfer of firearms ownership between individuals residing in different states must be managed by a third party who is a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder." Of course that seems to apply to individuals, but most gunshops are FFL's anyway, so it should be okay. Am I right?

On another note, I'm not that familiar with gunshops in Memphis. I bought my Ruger SP-101 at Guns and Ammo, but everytime I've been back they are pretty rude. As if I'm a complete idiot for asking questions. They act like they don't need or want my money so I'm not going to give it to them. Too bad because I live right around the corner. So other good places to buy handguns in Memphis or northern MS? Thanks.

i can tell your new to guns your wanting to buy a XD J/k :)

TripleDigitRide is right you'll need to have the firearm shipped to an in-state FFL

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

Thanks TDR makes sense.

GG I am fairly new to handguns (~4-6 months?) I have tried a few 9mm - Glock, XD, and a few others. It came down to Glock and XD and I just like the way the XD feels better. Saw no accuracy difference with either.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Thanks TDR makes sense.

GG I am fairly new to handguns (~4-6 months?) I have tried a few 9mm - Glock, XD, and a few others. It came down to Glock and XD and I just like the way the XD feels better. Saw no accuracy difference with either.

no im just messing with you XD are good guns they should be the copied GLOCK :) by the way welcome to TGO

Guest mikedwood

They should call them SFL or "State Firearms Dealers" seems like federal would mean interstate. The one actual good the Constitution gives us the right to own and it's interstate commerce is regulated. Just odd that's all I'm sayng.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Actually you both are wrong.....Hammer Fired is the better way to go...striker fired is so mid 90's ;-D You could just buy from some of the friendly vendors on here and have Guns and Ammo do the transfer...that should teach em :-D

this coming from i guy that carrys a cinder block i mean a sig around :)

Edited by GLOCKGUY
Guest TheBulldog
Thanks TDR makes sense.

I was windowshopping and held an XDm40, NICE! :mad:

Guest TheBulldog

You can always hit davidsons.com and use the gun genie to find all the FFL dealers in your area via your zip code that sell thru Davidson's.

Sometime, I get a better price thru the site than what they price them for in the store!

No need to drop hard earned dollars in an unfriendly place! :mad:

Guest GLOCKGUY
hahaha...yeah yeah :-D Alright enough of that...Different tools for different fools right? I will actually agree though...my P229 is pretty heavy for carry...but its comforting to know I have it.

out of all the sigs i think the p229 would be the one i defiantly wouldn't mind owning