Alright now what!!!

Guest dmarcin

Guest dmarcin
Something's happened, things have changed and finally the fan has been hit. My supply of food has lasted my family for 5 months. It is started getting low. I am secure and do not foresee any security problems. I have some seed but the time is not right to plant. It is late February . I have plenty of land but no way to prepar the land for planting. I figure it will take 5 acres to produce the food needed. Food Can last another couple of months. That's not time enough to make a crop. My neighbors still around are in the same shape with some better off than others. What now?

Obviously you plan on eating your least favorite neighbor.

Yep. Thank God lots of liberals are grain fed. I'm guessing they're pretty tasty if you know how to make a good sauce :)

BTW, You'll need one of these to remove the brain :)...

Buttout.jpg

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3

humans survived thousands of years as hunter gatherers, even through winter. Trap, hunt, kill, and extend your food stuffs by supplementing. Scavenge locations and loot what you find in that situation. Remember that while it may not taste good it may still be edible.

Obviously you plan on eating your least favorite neighbor.

My uncle has a hermit type neighbor that lives on an adjacent 20 acre lot. In the past few years he's stockpiled several years worth of food, over 100 rifles of varying types, probably 100,000 rds or more of ammo, barred up all windows and doors and has them blacked out, a couple of pit bulls, and installed a security camera system and is backed up by a generator and a 500 gallon fuel tank.

Now, my uncle has a garden, chickens and pigs, but he jokes that if supplies ever ran low, he'd just wait in the wood line for the neighbor to take his dogs out for a dump, shoot him, and he'd instantly have years of supplies. Something to think about.
Guest dmarcin
Ok let's say that an emp event took place. Everything got fried. Gas and diesel are a thing of the past. This is a world wide event. Spring is coming food is short and deer, rabbits, squirrels are already in very short supply due to over hunting. The question is what happens now until the middle of summer until the crops start coming in. Other than storing more food what could have been done to ease this situation and survive. How do you prepare the ground for planting. What to use for fertilize? ( remember it will take around 5 acres for a family of 4 ).

My uncle has a hermit type neighbor that lives on an adjacent 20 acre lot. In the past few years he's stockpiled several years worth of food, over 100 rifles of varying types, probably 100,000 rds or more of ammo, barred up all windows and doors and has them blacked out, a couple of pit bulls, and installed a security camera system and is backed up by a generator and a 500 gallon fuel tank.

Now, my uncle has a garden, chickens and pigs, but he jokes that if supplies ever ran low, he'd just wait in the wood line for the neighbor to take his dogs out for a dump, shoot him, and he'd instantly have years of supplies. Something to think about.

Hah!  Just before Y2K I heard a guy say "if I've got a .45, and you've got a ham sandwich, I've got a .45 AND a ham sandwich."

• Like 2

Ok let's say that an emp event took place. Everything got fried. Gas and diesel are a thing of the past. This is a world wide event. Spring is coming food is short and deer, rabbits, squirrels are already in very short supply due to over hunting. The question is what happens now until the middle of summer until the crops start coming in. Other than storing more food what could have been done to ease this situation and survive. How do you prepare the ground for planting. What to use for fertilize? ( remember it will take around 5 acres for a family of 4 ).

An EMP event can't be worldwide. It has a footprint. Even inside the footprint, it's not going to fry everything with a wire. There simply isn't enough energy available from the blast. That kind of destruction probably comes only from a global nuclear war. In that case, gas won't be much of a problem.