Big Gun and Lil Gun....Ruger and Beretta

Comparison between my "new" Ruger .44mag Super Redhawk(thnx Kahrman) w/scope(thanks DBTN) and Beretta 21a Bobcat .22lr(thanks Glockster)

Pictured ammo is Thunderbolts for the Beretta and in order left to right Hornady 300gr .44mag, Speer Gold Dot 210gr .44mag, Magtech 240gr .44mag, Generic .44spcl

rugerandberettawz8.th.jpg

These new additions to the family were picked up Wednesday

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout
Oh you know I will....probably sight her in with .44 spcl so as to reduce wrist pain ;-D

What wrist pain?.A Super Redhawk is a very heavy gun.Add the weight of the scope and recoil will be very managable.

What wrist pain?.A Super Redhawk is a very heavy gun.Add the weight of the scope and recoil will be very managable.

Cool...I hope you are right I didnt know how much heavier it would be then my friends S&W .44mag but that thing kicked pretty hard just figured this one would be the same...but now that you mention it the Ruger does seem quite a bit more Robust so maybe it wont be too bad.

Guest Grout

That rubber grip will help as well.I shot a .454 Casull Super Redhawk once with some heavy 300 gr.handloads.It was never painful but it did have a lot of recoil,I weigh about 160 soaking wet and had no problem with it.Who knows you may become a recoil junkie.:D

• 1 month later...

Yeah the Ruger Super Redhawk was a *****cat with 44spcl...44mag...WHOAH BOOM! but still manageable...surprisingly the most accurate round between the 210gr Speer, 240gr Magtech, and 300gr Hornady in 44mag for me seemed to be the Magtech. Really fun gun to shoot but after about 40 rds of magnum I was good to go lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Love those Ruger Revolvers:) You still enjoying it? Also a huge Beretta Bobcat (Tomcat for me) fan. Flip up barrel is awesome. Wife loves hers.

Yeah I enjoy'd her quite a bit...very solid and well made firearm. Unfortunately I had to sell her to help fund my new class III/washer broke on me projects:mad: Hopefully I will get another down the road...I was extremely impressed with its build quality. The bobcat is a neat little gun but I mainly got it hoping the girlfriend might take interest in shooting and start out small...still no dice :eek: I might sell it, but the flip up barrel is definitely cool.