What exactly is an illegal gun?

We hear it all the time now.  Mayors against illegal guns.A robbery suspect was caught possessing an illegal gun. Obama and the libs want to rid the country of illegal guns. What makes a gun illegal? If someone stole my XD-9, that I bought and paid for, going through the TICS and being approved does it automatically become an illegal weapon? If so then if it ever gets recovered then I shouldn't be able to get it back, right? Is a sub machine gun illegal? I could max out my credit cards and legally buy an MP-5 according to the ATF.  My point is that the term " Illegal guns " is bandied about just as much as the incorrect term "assault weapon" but while I see a lot of rebuttal against the incorrect use of the assault weapon label I have not seen any discussion about the definition of what is an illegal gun. I know that some guns in some states are illegal to own but that is not what I'm talking about.. Other than that what makes an inanimate object illegal ?

Guest Joshua__423

The government leaves these labels  vague so they can put them on whatever they want! Its not an accident. Intent to go armed, probable cause, the list goes on and on

I think the term is broadly used by the media to bring a high light to the story.  Examples that I have seen, felons in the possession of a gun, sometimes is referring to an illegal gun.  Any of the 4473 questions that you are on the wrong side of the fence can be an intrepretation of an illegal gun, and then the phyiscal and mechancial aspects of the gun itself may violate the federal gun laws, i.e. sawed off shotgun, removal of the serial number, etc.  I am sure there are many more, but these are a top of my head this morning. 

Regarding inaminate comment, yeah I see your point.  The media often personafies inaminate objects to whip up the story, do draw attention, to stir up a contraversy.  Media is for profit, the more people reads/listens to thier stories, the more money they can make.  Some media outlets just whip it up to a puke point, CNN, MSNBC, big three, etc.

Guest copperhead_1911

Hi guys.

Glay you liked the last one. I thought of another last night since most of the Obama worshipers use

Here are some more things that liberals should use if illegal invaders are "undocumented persons"

Drug dealer= unlicensed pharmacist

Rapist= Undocumented sex partner

robber=univited house guest

illegal machine gun= undocumted rapid fire tactical rifle

Illegally owned silencer= undocumented noise reduction device

Rancher showing illegals the door to mexico at gun point=undocumented border patrol agent.

and my favorite

Presidential assassin=undocumented recall election agent

Edited by copperhead_1911
Guest copperhead_1911

According to the 2nd Amendment, there is no such thing.

You are 100% correct, but the problem is many on the left view the second Amendment as part of a Constitution that was "written by old, white men who owned slaves"

That is the problem that we are faced with.