Our tax money. This is really sickening

Why the hell can they buy lobster and steak on my dime when I cannot afford to buy lobster and steak?

Image from here:http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/government/ss/Lobster-Steak-Food-Stamp-Receipt.htm

angeli-foods-receipt.jpg

Snopes said it is true:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/receipt.asp

They did not violate any rules in buying the lobster, steak or diet mountain do. It became a problem when it was founf out the purchaser was selling the items for 1/2 price.

• Like 1
Oh come on now ... it's their right to be able to buy lobster on your dime!! They deserve it after all; it's not their fault they are disadvantaged in life. Now quit complaining you silly conservative and get back to work (any more complaining and you're a racist sexist bigot Republican). Takes a lot of tax dollars to pay for lobster for all these people.
  • Like 4

Makes me sick.

I spend $400 a month on food and toiletries for a family of three. We live well.

My meth whore sister gets $800 a month in food stamps for her family of three.

They eat steak and drink Mountain Dew.

Guess it is a good thing I don't mind chicken and sweet tea.

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe they take Crestor and have to keep their cholesterol high, like me. I need to get an EBT card.

I should have gotten a picture, the other day. I went in an Autozone on Charlotte Pike in Nashville and

on the "in" door was a sign: "EBT cards accepted". I'd love to see a purchase at an Autozone for that

sack of merchandise. I didn't bother with Snopes, though. I don't ever bother with Snopes.

They don't only sale items they buy ...
I live in Atlanta right now and work in the ghetto. It's not uncommon to be approached and offered EBT cards for 30%-50% face value if you have cash. They don't want the food money; they want drug/booze money. I'm waiting for the day Obama puts beer/liquor/wine on the approved EBT list.

When we were struggling to pay off bills we had very limited money for food and extras. Almost every time I went shopping I was behind a person with an EBT card and I got so mad looking at how well they eat and looking back at my food I was using to just get by and feed my kids. we have a family member that makes 50k plus on government money. They get welfare, food stamps, WIC, Disability, and live in section 8 (in a very nice place) for 300mo inc all utilities. I know they were looking into the free cells but they did not like the options they could get.

Elections have consequences!

I was once approached by a guy who asked if I wanted to buy an ebt card. He got upset when I said no, and asked if I was too good. I told him damn right I am! Wasn't what he wanted to hear.

• Like 1
Its things like this that make me happy we don't have a state income tax. If I had to pay even more than what I do now I'm pretty sure I'd have some commensurately bad bad thoughts.And then I hear of some liberal politician who endorses & advocates for these programs that are so rife with abuse & we find out they owe hundreds of Thousands in unpaid back taxes they *forgot* to pay because they were So busy working ~180 days that year making base pay of 174k + benes.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by zapfbroad

And here in Tennessee a retailer cannot ask the user of a EBT card for ID to verify the user and the card match. It is 100% against the rules and if they do the retailer can loose the ability to accept EBT cards. My brother, who's only problem is illegal drug use, receives disability and is given free medical as well as a EBT card to use. I have been told by workers at a local store that people, other than my brother, have been using my brother's card. I asked about carding the users and they explained they could not for privacy reasons.

When standing in Walmart or Sam's I am always looking at who is using a EBT card. Any day of the week it is 1 in 4 and towards the begining of the month it seems like it is about 50% that are using an EBT card. And the stuff that is allowed is mind boggling.

And those with EBT cards can even get cash off their card to use however they want.

I have told the story before but there is a lady who buys the packets of tuna for her cats using a EBT card. She is not shy about announcing it either. When asked why she does she said because she can't buy cat food on her EBT card. She said until she can buy cat food she will just buy the packs of tuna. I feel bad spending $2 per pack for the tuna packs and she uses it to feed her cats.

• Like 1