Baby 1911 = NICE!!

Just picked this up for my son. He was very excited and I have to say I love this little thing. I got it home did a nice 3lb trigger job on it and this afternoon we took it to the range. It shot great and he had a blast!!

IMG_0647-1_zpsf8ff280f.jpg

IMG_0653_zpsb535cbf2.jpg

IMG_0655_zpse37b4d79.jpg

IMG_0654_zps5bdbdd20.jpg

IMG_0662-1_zps69e28540.jpg

Edited by timcalhoun
  • Like 4

Looks like he is having a great time. I need to get me a 1911 in .22.

Coming from you, that is a great endorsement.

I didn't realize Tim was the OP in this thread. Saw the mini browning and lost all interest in anything else. I does make me want one more now that I realize. Also I'm sure the trigger job came out great. How was it stock?

I didn't realize Tim was the OP in this thread. Saw the mini browning and lost all interest in anything else. I does make me want one more now that I realize. Also I'm sure the trigger job came out great. How was it stock?

The stock trigger was not good. I didn't measure it, but I'm guessing around 7 lbs and a nasty creep. 

What I liked about it:

1. It was very accurate, and I was able to shoot a nice tight group at 15 yards.

2. It ran really well. I could not find ammo, so I had to scrounge together stuff from every nook and cranny and I accumulated about 100 rounds. So it had to eat a bunch of different stuff and did so well.

3. My son loves it and anything to get my boys shooting more I LOVE.

What I would change:

1. For grown up hands that use a high grip on top of the thumb safety, you will get bit. I got a nasty pinch before I was aware. So, I would love a beaver tail option.

2. Sights are usable but barely for these old eyes.

3. I don't like that the trigger will not function when the magazine is out. Just a pet peeve of mine really, and It could easily be fixed with little trouble.

All in all I'm very happy with it. More than anything I loved the smile on my sons face as he was shooting it. I thought to myself, yep I know that smile......I still get it too.

• Like 1

Good Times!     When my sons were small the family outings were usually baseball related.  Now that they are grown oddly enough its shooting and firearms. Its great though because they are teaching me.

• Like 1

You mean you bought your son an evil .22 pistol and let him hold it?!?! I've just called the authorities! DHS and the Police will be there shortly to invade your privacy and stomp all over your constiutional rights. JK. Nice lookin pisol. Im sure it will continue to create smiles for years to come.

Haha Irony of Ironies. I was about 4 people to the left of you when you explained to the guy at Academy that he did indeed have a browning in the case. Didn't know you were a member here or I would have said hi. Nice pistol!

• Like 1